Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

snomnky

What's The Best gluten-free Bread?

We used Pamela's Amazing Wheat Free Bread Mix or Whole Foods Favorite Sandwich Bread (already baked & frozen). I love them both! I just made pizza with the pamela's mix last night and even DH loved it (he doesn't eat gluten-free and usually isn't fond of the pizza/bread I make gluten-free).

How do you make pizza crust with the Pamela's mix?

There is a recipe on the side of the package of the Amazing Wheat Free Bread Mix. It was AMAZING! I just used the mix, 1/2 cup of oil, 1 1/2 cup of warm water, the yeast packet and some italian seasoning.

Kinnickinnick gets my vote for ready made. The Italian is even eatable with just butter. For mixes IMHO nothing beats 'Gluten Free Pantrys' Italian bread mix. It makes a great pizza dough. When I make pizza I use about 1/4 cup less of water and often will chill it really well before spreading for ease of spreading. Even nonGF folks scarf it down.

For ready made, I like Whole Foods Sandwich Bread. I make mine at home with Bob's Red Mill Bread Mix. I do not have a bread machine, I use my Kitchen Aid and it works fine. The loaf that the package makes is so large, that I put it in four small ones and it lasts a prett long time.

I used to love Kinnicks, and a recipe my mom got years ago that she has always used(Dad is Celiac)

Until I found a great local bakery. Its in Denver, CO, but you can order online too. They ship frozen, gets kind of spendy. But its really worth trying a loaf. I've found some loaves are not as good as others. Not generally in taste, but some seem much heavier. Some are great though, I usually get to buy them fresh though. But, then I always freeze them anyways...

Check out

http://www.debysglutenfree.com/

They also have tons of other thinks, rolls, buns, chicken nuggets/tenders. Packaged meals. If you live around Colorado, they are also open as a cafe. Sit right down and eat a meal.

Note, that there is nothing that goes into the kitchen that is not gluten-free. The owner is Celiac.

...wow! I just looked at the site. Sounds like they have opened a few new places. 2 others in Colorado, and one in Wyoming. Good grief... one is just a few miles from my place.

umm... I gotta go.

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Top Posters +

1. 1
    2. 2
      RMJ
      RMJ
    3. 3
    4. 4
    5. 5
    6. YOU