Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

marciab

Why Doesn't My Doctor Know About This ?

Dr. Kent Holtorf, MD, is Medical Director of the Holtorf Medical Group Center for Hormone Imbalance, Hypothyroidism, and Fatigue in Torrance, California.* He specializes in treating CFS and FM patients.

This article says that doctors are 10 - 20 years behind on current research ... Marcia

http://www.immunesupport.com/library/showa...mp;B1=EM041107C

In my area of Canada, the doctors are mainly practicing reactive (not proactive) medicine and using drugs. I did not wait for a diagnosis for my daughter (age 3 in June) because of this. I do not think we have pinpointed all of her intolerances and even though my doctor thinks I am doing a good job and has no qualms about me having her on a gluten free dairy free diet, he is unwilling to have her have further testing. She is almost 3 and 23.5 lbs!!! Hey, this is better than most of her life. At least her height is on the chart now since gluten was taken out of her diet! I am woandering if I have to gluten her to get him to take me seriously - probably would only say - oh look, she has another cold! One of her symptoms is major ruuny nose.

Anyway, he is a family physician teaching new docs! He is so busy, he does not have time to check all of the recent literature so the new docs are seeing all of the old stuff - depressing, isn't it?

I took all the information I could gather into my "local Dr" and still he insists its acid reflux, there are pills for that ya know ;) I had it all in cronological order from my early years right up to current, still he insists "thats not it"..... I have others in my family with this as well..... everything to me points to this direction and after being 99% gluten free (had a couple of accidental glutenings) for a few months can say I am self diagnosed, I refuse to go back to the way I was before to get a dr to listen to me or to have the appropriate tests done, most of my symptoms have either reduced greatly or in a couple of instances disappeared altogether....

I would wait until your daughter got older and you could explain to her what went on and let her decide, she is after all the one who will suffer if you are correct and take her off the diet, and seriously is it hurting her now to be gluten free? It sounds like she is doing great.