Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walter S

I'm Feeling Awfully Down

I feel so depressed today! I went back to work yesterday (Tuesday). I woke up feeling lousy. Then, when the work day got into full swing, I was ok in the morning, but after lunch I was feeling terrible. By 2:30 I was unable to go on any longer. I simply could NOT stay awake in front of my class of students. It was more than just being tired. I honestly could not physically go on any longer, had to get class coverage and lay down. It was so ridiculous. I called the doctor at lunch today (because I felt bad this morning also) and I am waiting for a call back tonight. So, I am simply frustrated and down/depressed. I just don't know what else to do anymore?!? I hate this! Still everyday, I get exhausted, weak, and dizzy spells! And of course my stomach acts up at times. I hate depression. I simply hate it and I never seem to be able to make it go away! On top of everything I was observed for my yearly evaluation today by our new principal who I really dislike! I need this stress and depression to stop so badly.

I'm sorry it's so hard Walter. I get that dizziness and complete fatigue, too. The fatigue isn't necessarily from the depression, the body needs lots of energy to heal.

Are you taking anything for depression? I take St. John's Wort, but check for drug interactions if you are on any other prescriptions.

My doctor started me on NT Factor for fatigue. You have to get it through a doctor to get full-stregth. It seems to be working. Google it and see what you think.

I am taking lexapro for anxiety and depression, but I guess it's not quite enough right now. I hope the doctor can come up with something to give me for fatigue so I can get some energy. I will look up NT Factor online- thank you for telling me about it. I just couldn't believe how I wore out! I was sitting with my entire class reading in front of me and I could not do anything to keep myself awake no matter how hard I tried! UUUGGGHHH!!!!

~Walter~

I just wanted to say that I am really sorry that you are not having a good day! I don't know if I can be much of any help when it comes to your depression, but I can tell you that stress and not liking your place of work does not help. I was in that situation, and fortuanatley I was able to get out of it. I would leave for work sick to my stomach because I hated it so much.

I am not sure what type of situation your are in, but you might need to consider a different line of work or maybe you just need a break. I would definitley see what the doctor has to say and if they don't get back to you soon, you definitely need to call them back.

In the mean time, I would try and find something that you like to do and go do it. If that is going for a walk, listening to your favorite music, go do it. Try and get yourself out of the rut that your in and you might feel a little better. I wish you the best and I hope the doctor gets you feeling better soon.

:( WALTER SORRY YOUR NOT FEELING WELL, I AM NEW AND I NEVER HEARD OF THIS DISEASE, THEY WERE TREATING ME FOR M.S. WITH CHEMO, COPAXONE, STEROIDS, FOUND OUT I DO NOT HAVE M.S. A LIFE THAT I AM NOT GOING TO SPEND IN A WHEELCHAIR!! :D I HOPE TO BE AS LUCKY AS YOU AND GO BACK TO WORK, EVEN IF IT IS FOR 2-DAYS A WEEK. GOOD LUCK TO YOU B) HOPE YOU ARE FEELING BETTER

Walter,

I am so sorry you are going through this. Is there any way you can take a couple weeks more leave of absence? One thing that may help fairly quickly with the fatigue is sublingual B12, you should be able to get it in a drug store. It will help those neurotransmiters a lot which will help with the fog and fatigue.

Also it sounds like you are a teacher. Chalk for the boards is often not gluten free. I just thought I would give you a heads up. I learned it the hard way. I used to wear gloves, kids would look at me funny sometimes but most if you just say "I'm allergic" let it go at that. Unless it is middle school of course. :D

Also you need to keep in mind that there is a withdrawl period for most of us in the early stages. This can be prolonged if you keep accidentally glutening yourself. There is not much that can be done other than getting through it.

On the med issue, double check with your pharmacist that the form of the drug you are taking is for sure gluten-free. Generics can vary the binders and change suddenly, something the name brands don't usually do. In addition for many with celiac antidepressants can be either not effective or even cause the depression to become worse. It of course does not happen to all but it is something you should be aware of. If you should start to feel any self destructive urges make sure you let your doctor know right away. But do not stop taking them suddenly without the doctor direct order. Stopping suddenly can cause seizures and other really nasty stuff.