Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eriella

I Thought You All Would Enjoy This....

I am a college student and we are in the long process of getting diagnosed (long before I knew what celiacs was and that it ran in my family I told my doctors that bread was making me sick). I finally asked my campus health center if they could run a blood test for me and they asked me what celiacs was :blink: . When I told her, she said that she had no clue what tests to even run for it. You wonder why it is so under diagnosed?

On the plus side, my GI was able to order the tests over state lines so I can finally get an answer.

Shocking.

May I suggest that you either print out some of celiac.com or get a copy of Peter Green's book on celiac to give to them? Unfortunately, they're just not gonna learn until we teach them...(sigh)

BTW, I hope you feel better soon. You do know you have to keep eating gluten for the tests to be accurate?

Shocking.

May I suggest that you either print out some of celiac.com or get a copy of Peter Green's book on celiac to give to them? Unfortunately, they're just not gonna learn until we teach them...(sigh)

BTW, I hope you feel better soon. You do know you have to keep eating gluten for the tests to be accurate?

Yep, which is why I am currently 3 feet away from the bathroom. Tomorrow after my test I am going to go gluten-free until my follow-up appointment with my GI at the end of June. If I respond positively to the absence of gluten, regardless of the test results, I am staying off of it. We just need a diagnosis so that I can have gluten free food at school.

I will definitely pass along the information to the office. Thanks for the idea!