Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mouth

**** Help Need To Buy For Class At School**

HELP!! MY DAUGHTER'S HOME EC TEACHER CALLED AND WANTS ME TO SEND IN A REPLACEMENT FOR REGULAR FLOUR!!! I HAVE TO HAVE IT TO SCHOOL BY MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!! DOES ANYBODY KNOW OF A GOOD PRE-MADE MIX THAT CAN BE BOUGHT IN THE STORE????

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANX,

LYNN

Yea, I'd say Pamela's would be the best premade mix - you're looking for the Baking and Pancake Mix. Already has the Xanthan Gum in it.

Ev - I haven't seen just a basic flour mix from Pamela's. Is there something new out or are you using the Wheat Free Bread mix as a flour mix?

Nancy

Guest lorlyn

My husband bought last night from Whole Food store from the gluten-free pantry Beth's gluten-free all-purpose flour. I hope you find something :rolleyes:

Pamela's is great, but be sure to realize it already has baking powder in it, so if you add extra in a recipe, it could be a problem.

Also, for "airier" products, you may want to separate the eggs and whip the whites up to soft or hard peaks, as recommended on the back of the package, then fold them into the rest of the batter. There are good suggestions on the package and website www.pamelasproducts.com that will explain it better.

Pamela's is great, but be sure to realize it already has baking powder in it, so if you add extra in a recipe, it could be a problem.

Also, for "airier" products, you may want to separate the eggs and whip the whites up to soft or hard peaks, as recommended on the back of the package, then fold them into the rest of the batter. There are good suggestions on the package and website www.pamelasproducts.com that will explain it better.

Thank you very much!!!!!!! Lynn

Pamela's!! You can try the flour blend or the baking mix works well too.

Thank you very much, a flour blend is what I am looking for.. All I know is that the teacher asked me to send a replacement for regular flour. Don't know what they are using it for yet.. I'm sure I'll find out.. Lynn

Pamela's!! You can try the flour blend or the baking mix works well too.

Perfect!!! just what I was looking for.. LYnn

Thanks........lynn

My husband bought last night from Whole Food store from the gluten-free pantry Beth's gluten-free all-purpose flour. I hope you find something :rolleyes:

Thank you also.......... LYnn

Now I have 2 that I can look for and hope my whole foods has one of them...

HELP!! MY DAUGHTER'S HOME EC TEACHER CALLED AND WANTS ME TO SEND IN A REPLACEMENT FOR REGULAR FLOUR!!! I HAVE TO HAVE IT TO SCHOOL BY MONDAY!!!!!!!!!!! DOES ANYBODY KNOW OF A GOOD PRE-MADE MIX THAT CAN BE BOUGHT IN THE STORE????

HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANX,

LYNN

THANK YOU ALL FOR ALL YOUR HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

LYNN