Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Veganized

Vegan gluten-free Bread Recipes

Does anyone have a recipe for bread without gluten/wheat, egg, milk, milk powder etc.?

- Preferably one that uses:

Brown/white/sweet rice flour, tapioca flour, potato starch, corn flour/starch, millet flour or quinoa.

I live in Denmark and it's pretty much impossible to find special flour mixes like Doves Farm etc.

Sad, but true...

I really hope you can help me!

Welcome to the board!

For the bread. I suppose I'd use a nut milk for when a recipe calls for milk, and one of various egg replacements in place of hen eggs. Sometimes the eggs can be replaced by mashed banana. Other times applesauce, and still others with some ground flax. It just depends on the recipe, and your preferences too. There are numerous posts on what to use in place of eggs. I'm sure a search will turn up at least some of them.

And of course feel free to ask whatever questions you may have!

Try Lorka150's flax bread. There's a 15 page thread on here about it. You can also go to Recipezaar and search gluten-free Flax Bread. Her name there is Laurie150.

http://www.recipezaar.com/190906

That's my recipe.

I have often used egg replacer instead of the eggs and whites, and sucanat instead of the honey. The flours combos are very forgiving.

Enjoy!

I use either the flax method or Ener-G.