Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mayflowers

Hoodia

Has anyone tried Hoodia? I found a brand that has Hoodia and glucomannan in it and it's

really cut my appetite with no side effects so far. I usually will get an upset stomach, or headaches or joint pain or something from those over the counter diet pills. My weight was at a stall and now I'm losing again. I think I finally found a diet pill that helps without side effects. I don't use the hoodia that has green tea in it because it bothers me.

I read somewhere that Pfizer had bought the rights to it, but upon further research discovered it may cause liver damage, so they didn't do anything w/ the rights. Be careful... Do a search of "hoodia side effects".

I read somewhere that Pfizer had bought the rights to it, but upon further research discovered it may cause liver damage, so they didn't do anything w/ the rights. Be careful... Do a search of "hoodia side effects".

I'm going for a check up on May 4th. I will have a liver panel done. Thanks for the info. You're the first person who said it caused liver damage.