Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pinktroll

Rice Flour At Asian Markets

I went to a new asian market that opened up near me and was so excited to see the prices on rice flour. I do have a question though. I was not able to find brown rice flour-is it called anything different? Also, I was looking for sweet rice flour and only saw glutinous rice flour-are they the same thing? Hopefully someone can help me! Thanks.

Glutinous rice flour or sticky rice flour is the same thing as sweet rice flour. And you may not be able to get brown rice flour at an Asian market.

Yeah, i was actually dissapointed at our Asian Market - we actually have a HUGE one not far from us. They had small bags of rice flour, and sweet rice flour, but that was it! and it wasn't even that cheap. We have a large asian community around here, so I think they know they can make the $$.

Luckily we have an Indian/Asian grocery near here - they have Sorghum, White Rice, Gram (chick pea), and corn flours. They have some other too that I'm investigating. Their rice flour is $4.99 for a 10 lb bag...it's insane how much cheaper it is!