Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Well, I finally had my Endoscopy today --- get to wait a few more days for the lab results. I will say it was much easier than I thought. Also, I feel pretty good. Usually I feel crappy after getting knocked out, but not this time... thankfully!

Anyway, evidently he removed a polyp on the roof of my stomach, and representative biopsies from smaller polyps. I would think they would just take em out...

The third part of the duodenum had an abnormality noted... "A very minimally scalloped appearance was seen and biopsies were obtained."

I shouldn't read into this without biopsy results, but any comments on the scalloped appearance?

Evidently the doctor was talking to me and my DH, but since I was 'not there, and recall nothing' I couldn't ask questions.

Glad that's over!

Well, I finally had my Endoscopy today --- get to wait a few more days for the lab results. I will say it was much easier than I thought. Also, I feel pretty good. Usually I feel crappy after getting knocked out, but not this time... thankfully!

Anyway, evidently he removed a polyp on the roof of my stomach, and representative biopsies from smaller polyps. I would think they would just take em out...

The third part of the duodenum had an abnormality noted... "A very minimally scalloped appearance was seen and biopsies were obtained."

I shouldn't read into this without biopsy results, but any comments on the scalloped appearance?

Evidently the doctor was talking to me and my DH, but since I was 'not there, and recall nothing' I couldn't ask questions.

Glad that's over!

Cindy:

Glad that you experience was a good one. I too has scalloping as well as blunting of the villi, which confirmed by diognosis, Celiac. But, it's best to get you results and then you know what you are dealing with.