Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shelbythecat

Gluten Free Meals On Airplanes

Hi -

I'm new to the board but have recent gluten-free experiences to share with everyone.

This first one deals with gluten free meals on airplanes.

My husband and I recently went to Japan. While booking our flights and picking meal options, there were about 20 different options, but not gluten free. So we packed a carry on bag with food I could eat. While in Japan we did some research and found out the United Airlines has a gluten free option, but it wasn't on the list. We called them to arrange this for the flight home and it was great!

So, moral of the story if you don't see it listed call the airline and see if they have a gluten-free option.

(I did take my own gluten-free packets of soy sauce to Japan - we couldn't get a dialog in Japanese going about gluten-free foods) :D

I went to italy in March and flew British Air, they too did not have the option on their website, but I called and they arranged gluten free meals for me, they were pretty good too for airline food :rolleyes:

We flew with British Air two weeks ago, and the gluten free meal was listed on their website, after we booked. We just had to book, and then go back into our account and take care of the specifics. The meals were great though.