Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MarisaB

New Orleans

Hey,

I am going to Jazz Fest next weekend in New Orleans and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for Restaurants. This will be my first gluten free (I hope) trip and I was just wondering if any of you have any places that you would recommend?

I also was wondering if any of ya'll have any suggestions for food that is festival friendly food items.

The event is going to let me bring in my own food, however, I have never done this before and I am not sure what to pack.

Help!!!

Thanks

MarisaB

Marisa,

I spent 6-days in the Big Easy for a convention not long after being diagnosed. Eating gluten-free in that town is a really tough task! Most everything is started with a roux or breaded....thus off limits. I ordered plain fish and steak and still ended-up getting glutened toward the end of my trip.

They do have a whole foods (or whole paycheck as we call it in our house) in town so you can do the bring-your-own thing. I realize this isn't too exciting in a town known for it's food but, it's probably the safest/smartest route to go.

Best of luck!

Cleveland Bob B)

Hey Cleveland Bob,

Yes I do have a whole paycheck down the street from my house. I am planning on bringing stuff to eat along the way, however, I was just hoping that maybe there was a restaurant out there that was safe. I will be with 3-6 none celiac's and I know they are going to want to go out around town.

Thanks for the advice.

MarisaB