Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dally099

Dairy Intolerance Or High Fat In Dairy

hi all, just a quick question to see if any one else has exerienced this one, i am finding lately that when i eat high fat dairy, so ice cream, butter, sour cream i am having bloating and horrilbe smelling gas. yet im ok with yogurt, and cream cheese, havent tried cheeze lately but i had cream cheese on my bagel (all gluten-free of course) i was fine, and when i had soy free, gluten-free ranch on my salad last night i was okay, but had butter on my toast at lunch and holy cow i have gas and bloating, and ice cream i ate the other day which is gluten-free and soy free same thing. any thoughts on this? i cant imagine cutting out dairy all together as coupled with a soy allergy my diet would be even more restricted and like i said it dosnt seem to be all dairy just the ones that are really high in fat. any thoughts would be great!!

thanks

hi all, just a quick question to see if any one else has exerienced this one, i am finding lately that when i eat high fat dairy, so ice cream, butter, sour cream i am having bloating and horrilbe smelling gas. yet im ok with yogurt, and cream cheese, havent tried cheeze lately but i had cream cheese on my bagel (all gluten-free of course) i was fine, and when i had soy free, gluten-free ranch on my salad last night i was okay, but had butter on my toast at lunch and holy cow i have gas and bloating, and ice cream i ate the other day which is gluten-free and soy free same thing. any thoughts on this? i cant imagine cutting out dairy all together as coupled with a soy allergy my diet would be even more restricted and like i said it dosnt seem to be all dairy just the ones that are really high in fat. any thoughts would be great!!

thanks

I'm wondering if the difference is lactose. Cheeses/yogurt are generally low in lactose because the fermentation process eats it up. You could get some high fat yogurt, like Greek yogurt and see what happens. (NUMMY stuff, btw)

But then again butter is low in lactose, I think. Maybe it was what you put the butter on?

Lactose intolerance causes diarrhea, gas, and bloating. Try taking Lactaid to see if that helps your situation. I know that the vanilla chewable ones are gluten free and they appear to be soy free.

Best of luck.