Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is there gluten in pantene pro-v shampoo? The ingredients seem very jargony. How about Zest soap? What about Mckormicks seasoned salt? I still feel awful after 3 months and cant find out where it's coming from. Also, does anyone have problems with eating almonds, or other nuts. It always makes me nauseous and tired. Thank you guys so much......

right now i can't handle nuts. my nutritionist told me to avoid nuts also as they are hard to digest but she said seeds are okay (pumpkin, sunflower etc.).

Not sure on your other stuff but i think i read somewhere that mccormick products are all gluten-free

I don't know about your shampoo or soap - sorry - but maybe you should consider switching to brands you know are safe. Dove will clearly list any gluten ingredients on their labels. I use their shampoo and conditioner. I also use Kiss My Face and Burt's Bees products. Both are good about clearly listing ingredients. Kiss My Face also has a list of their products that DO contain gluten on their website. http://www.kissmyface.com/content/articles/faq.pasp#gluten

As for nuts, I only eat raw nuts. I don't tolerate dry-roasted or seasoned nuts at all, but I do fine if they are raw.

Also, keep in mind that it can takes months to heal and feel better. It took me a full year before I really felt great. It takes time to master the gluten-free lifestyle, and it takes time for your body to heal. Good luck!

I believe all McCormick spices -- not seasoning mixes -- are gluten-free. Seasoning mixes are mixed :rolleyes: McCormick says on their website that they will not provide a list gluten-free products, but that they do label gluten sources, but then they have the legal statement that they label food allergens in accordance with FDA (so not sure I trust them for barley).

Personally, I use their spices and avoid their mixes.

McCormicks Grinders are great. The entire line of Mrs. Dash's are gluten free and they have made my cooking life wonderful

McCormick's will clearly list. It is good to support those companys.

Regarding shampoo, I alternate between Dove and Suave....inexpensive, but works for me.