Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

April in KC

Enterolab Results For 3-year-old Boy... (high Results And Dq2, Dq4 Mentioned)

Here are my three-year-old son's Enterolab results:

Fecal Antigliadin IgA 132 :blink: (Normal Range <10 Units)

Fecal Antitissue Transglutaminase IgA 86 Units :blink: (Normal Range <10 Units)

Quantitative Microscopic Fecal Fat Score <300 Units B) (Normal Range <300 Units)

Fecal anti-casein (cow

They have some pretty cool gene testing now that can tell you who your ancestors were... if you wanted to figure out who had the DQ4 (asian) gene. :) I'd love to get that done.

Is your son getting plenty of protein and fat, especially at dinner? That sure stabilizes my blood sugars. (assuming it is a blood sugar issue)

...if you wanted to figure out who had the DQ4 (asian) gene. :) I'd love to get that done.

Is your son getting plenty of protein and fat, especially at dinner? That sure stabilizes my blood sugars. (assuming it is a blood sugar issue)

Re. genetic ancestry - I think that testing would make a fun gift. I'd love to see if what's known of the family history holds up under scrutiny. : )

Re. protein and fat at dinner...I try to make sure he eats some chicken, turkey or roast beef every day. When he was very little (like 18 months), he used to wake up in the morning asking for protein foods. His standard breakfast request was a meatball (huh?).

Lately, he doesn't have much of an appetite. He will literally ignore a dinner plate after a few bites--it doesn't matter if you send him to his room. I have found that if I stick single bites of food in his mouth while he's playing, he seems to take it in stride and eat what I give him. I do have a hard time getting high-quality fats into him. Smart Balance spread, almonds and eggs/canola oil (cooked into gluten-free bread or sweets) are probably the main sources of fat right now.

Thanks for replying!