Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pnltbox27

Gluten Free Italian In Chicagoland

http://www.dalucianos.com/ i found this way way back in a thread from last year sometime /but thought it was worth posting again. its about an hour away from where i live, but im going next weekend to check it out . the gluten free menu seems too good to be true..im still pretty new to this , but its nice to catch a break like this sometimes

http://www.dalucianos.com/ i found this way way back in a thread from last year sometime /but thought it was worth posting again. its about an hour away from where i live, but im going next weekend to check it out . the gluten free menu seems too good to be true..im still pretty new to this , but its nice to catch a break like this sometimes

Let us know how it is. my best friend lives in chicago and always wants me to come visit... this might be worth the trip (besides her company, of course) ;)

This is probably my favorite restaurant right now!

Their gluten-free pasta selection is huge! Every time I eat their pasta, I am a little hesitant because it tastes just like the real thing.

Dont forget to try their tiramisu or canolli :rolleyes:

Let us know how it goes

I've had Pasta Primavera, Pasta Boscaiola, Pasta Salmonata and Pasta 4 Formaggi (4 cheese pasta - my favorite!) . I think I am going to try their chicken or veal entrees next.

Keep us updated on your trip

I've been there once and had the chicken marsala....and got sick! I also know one other celiac who got sick there also....I thought it was just a fluke. Whatever it was....stay away from the chicken marsala. I had the worse stomach pains afterwards! UGh! :(

Any updates on this restaurant? I am dying to find out what you ordered :P

Just an FYI... Vinci is an italian restaraunt in Chicago (Halsted and Willow), their gluten-free menu is smaller, but they do great stuff. Great pasta dishes and always have a daily gluten-free risotto that is so good.

sorry no update yet. i still have not got a chance to get out there, both of my kids baseball seasons just started so i have not had a free night in three weeks, i am dying to get there. i am going to go to" lou malnatis" for a take out gluten free pizza though, they are awesome!!!!!!!!!

Just an FYI... Vinci is an italian restaraunt in Chicago (Halsted and Willow), their gluten-free menu is smaller, but they do great stuff. Great pasta dishes and always have a daily gluten-free risotto that is so good.

I just tried Vinci for the first time this past Saturday and had an amazing pasta dish! A table right next to ours had people ordering from their gluten-free menu as well.

I was a little dissapointed that they didnt have any type of chocolate cake/mouse.

I just tried Vinci for the first time this past Saturday and had an amazing pasta dish! A table right next to ours had people ordering from their gluten-free menu as well.

I was a little dissapointed that they didnt have any type of chocolate cake/mouse.

yes its true, they definitely need a flourless chocolate cake or something like that. Probably the one negative thing i can say about vinci. But their food is great and the service has always been exceptional. I love the atomosphere too, a cute and romantic restaurant. anyone out there looking to host an event -- they have a really nice room that you can reserve for wedding showers or parties or whatever. You can also order a half order of their pasta dishes, which i do a lot so that i can get a pasta and an entree and try a few things on the menu and then have a little left over to take home. Its funny, as a celiac, when i do go to a place with a gluten free menu and i can actually eat good food (not just a burger with no bun), i order like 3 entrees, just so i can have leftovers and feel like a normal person again who can order take out or something.

The same people who run Vinci also have 2 Mexican-type restaurants - Adobo Grill. One on in Old Town - North & Wells - very close to Second City. The other is at Division and Damen. They make the guacamole right at the table and celieacs can subsitute jicama chips for the tortilla chips. Killer margaritas and a dessert - chocolate tamale!!!! My son is having his 30th birthday party at the one on Damen in a private room. His friends like to food and drinks and he knows he will eat well and safely.