Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MinxyMandy

Back On Diet After Biopsy Different Symptoms Now..

Hi Guys hopr your all okay :)

Right thank god challenge is over been back on diet 1 week and 3 days and counting.

It has made a massive difference my tum has lost loads of bloat but is still bit bloated and hard and feel slightly tender but my guess is taht the challenge has made it pretty sore. The depression has lifted 80% feel more positive accept when these new symptoms are happening :

Right I am getting now:

CONSTIPATION

CHRONIC FATIGUE and brain fog couldnt even think of the alphapbet at work the other day and was tiered I was tempted to lock my self in the cupboard and go to sleep. Its like my brain wont work and when I try its such an effort and my body is achey really heavy and

BLOATED I was looking 9 months preganant but no where near that now however it is still bloated and hard like a layer of fat sometimes I think but I have lost so much weight I am 4 lbs under weight for my height etc..so its not fat..worse when I get fatigued as above but maybe tahts due to lack of energy so my whole systems slowed down so may be thats why I am getting the big C????

DIZZY - COLD - HAIR BREAKING THis has been awful really dizzy along with the above and hair so dry and breaking off which is worry ing me...

BAD SKIN BLOTCHY LOOKING ...

I am also doing teh candida diet so no sugar, yeast, moulds etc so my diet is restrictive but I am doing my best to compensate

I eat rice for breakfast with pilchards to slow the GI down

Rice with tuna and salad at lunch with olive oil

meat / fish (lean) with loads of veggies and a bit of rice or potatoe

Snacks are rice cakes

Vitamin B complex

Minerals Complex

Candiclear

Lepicol - introducing it today to see if it gets my bowels working properly

I cant eat dairy which is a pain but my face swells up I think it agrevates me but its hard to tell with so many things happening with my body I sometimes dont know whats doing what. Cant eat nuts and not sure about seeds. To be honest after eating gluten for 5 weeks I am trying to keep it so basic so I dont go wrong ..

My doc has just sent off blood work for Thyroid can you suddenly get thyroid probs after going gluten-free?

Or do you think my body is just adjusting?

Or am I not eating enough?

Why is my tum still bloated? Could this be to do with thyroid I read thin people get slow thyroid aswell but the weight fat get stored around thier tummy??

I also need to introduce probotics but which is the best any one got any idea as I cant afford to keep spening all my wages on supplements..lol..

Sorry going on just got so many questions. I went to find out about the pill aswell as I have taken myself off of it and she said that she thinks I need my hormones levels checked on blood work as been off of the pill for 2 month and no bleed. But I never bleed alot on the pill 1 day tiny bit...weird stuff going on with my body...

Another thing is I go to the gym 3 times a week and it wipes me out and I am not training hard??

THanks guys if I can help any one in any way let me know:)

I think, seriously, that the main thing now is to take it easy, get plenty of rest, and let your body heal from the gluten challenge. It will take some time.

Probiotics is a good idea, I hope someone can recommend a good brand (as I'm in Holland).

I don't think it's strange that you are still tired and bloated. It can take a while. Glad to hear your already feeling in a better mood! That's really a help isn't it, it's so much easier to deal with the other symptoms if you're not horribly depressed on top of everything else. Keep up the good work. :)

Pauliina

I agree with Pauliina, that lots of rest and a good probiotic are a good idea.

I hope that doing the gluten challenge hasn't caused you permanent damage, as that is always a possibility (which is why I'd never do that, I already have enough permanent damage!).

But yes, it is unfortunately possible that the gluten challenge could have triggered a thyroid problem. I hope your doctor ordered the right bloodwork, which is the TSH, Free T3, Free T4 and thyroid antibodies. Unless you are looking at all of those it is more likely than not that your values will come up normal despite a problem, and you go untreated.

You could also now be suffering from adrenal fatigue. Go to your health food store and buy AOR Adrenal, and take that regularly to see if it will help.

I agree with Pauliina, that lots of rest and a good probiotic are a good idea.

I hope that doing the gluten challenge hasn't caused you permanent damage, as that is always a possibility (which is why I'd never do that, I already have enough permanent damage!).

But yes, it is unfortunately possible that the gluten challenge could have triggered a thyroid problem. I hope your doctor ordered the right bloodwork, which is the TSH, Free T3, Free T4 and thyroid antibodies. Unless you are looking at all of those it is more likely than not that your values will come up normal despite a problem, and you go untreated.

You could also now be suffering from adrenal fatigue. Go to your health food store and buy AOR Adrenal, and take that regularly to see if it will help.

Thanks so much for replying :)

Yeah I am just trying to enjoy not feeling so ill and relax which helps healing doesnt it so easier now the sun is shining..

I am going to get some probotics this week and introduce those. Yesturday I ate alot more rice and dont seem tyo be as fatigued today so may be I just wasnt eating enoughdue to be paranoid about the candida was worried about taking in to many carbs..but on the other extreme if you are fatigued constipation is worse and the yeastie beasties love toxic waste so Ive uped my rice introduced lepicol which is a fibre supplement including probotics and enzymes and yes it is gluten free, dairy free, sugar free and everything else free lol...

I am going to grab that supplement that you mentioned Ursa and I really due value your comments thanks to any one that has ever responded you have all help me so much get to this poijnt..

I hope I havent done permanet damage too but think although this has been going on for 15 months 7 months I was on candida diet which was pointless when still eating gluten but saved my belly for the 7 months aprat from when I was eating ryvita everyother week..

Too be honest the challange has made it defanate in my mind I have got it as I felt so ill and also stopped any cravings I had for gluten as when I look at it now just reminds me of that challange..

Take care mandxx