Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I recently purchased the Gluten Guard product through this website. I'm wondering though how accurate it is. I've seen several people say that Pantene products were safe, but every one I tried came up as having gluten in it.

Anyone else have any experience with this?

I recently purchased the Gluten Guard product through this website. I'm wondering though how accurate it is. I've seen several people say that Pantene products were safe, but every one I tried came up as having gluten in it.

Anyone else have any experience with this?

I am going to have to check this product out. I would, from personal experience with Pantene, expect it may be correct. I have seemed to have a gluten reaction, hair falling out and rash, when I used this product so I stopped using it even though others have had no problem. My guess would be that this item has Vitamin E in it. That is often wheat derived but perhaps like with gluten grain alcohols and vinagers they consider it safe because it has been processed?

It's a software product that you can buy for either your computer or your PDA. I have the one for the PDA, and I bought it on this website. You enter in the UPC code from any prodeuct, and if it is in the database, it will tell you if the product has gluten in it.

I found that there were a lot of basic products that were not in the database, but there were also a lot that were. It's not a one-stop sloution for avoiding gluten, but I thought it would be a good tool. They clearly state that they keep it as up to date as they can, but it is not always 100% accurate. I'm just wondering how much it can be relied on, if it's giving me information that is different that some of the information that people are posting on different threads in this website.