Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest maddiesmom

Chicken Nuggets/tenders

Guest maddiesmom

What kind of flour should I use to make safe chicken nuggets/tenders?

We use Pamela's Baking Mix and a little cornmeal mixed in with it. We then fry is canola oil in a pan. The kids love it!

Kinnikinnick also has crispy chicken coating mix. It's really good. In the past I used Bob's Red Mill gluten-free flour and it browned pretty fast, so make sure that you keep the heat down/watch the meat closely.

I use crushed corn flakes or crushed cheesy rice crackers. Sometimes, I dip the chicken strips in ranch dressing, then roll in corn flakes or cracker crumbs and bake. (Or I cheat and buy Ian's gluten-free nuggets!)

:P I'm a bit lazy. I buy frozen ones. Either Bob Evan's tenders (also have nuggets but the tenders taste better) or Wellshire Farms dinosaur shaped nuggets. Tastes good and only take about 9minutes to cook. :P

:P I'm a bit lazy. I buy frozen ones. Either Bob Evan's tenders (also have nuggets but the tenders taste better) or Wellshire Farms dinosaur shaped nuggets. Tastes good and only take about 9minutes to cook. :P

Bob Evans makes chicken nuggets?

or do you mean Bell & Evans chicken nuggets?

What kind of flour should I use to make safe chicken nuggets/tenders?

I usually make my own breadcrumbs from a half a loaf of gluten-free pantry bread (i buy the mix & bake the bread - it's way easier than you think) - throw some day-old (ie, left out on a plate) slices into the cuisinart with some salt & pepper, garlic, parsley, little oregano, basil - however you like to flavor your breadcrumbs. then i pound the chicken thin & cut into strips, dip in egg wash & then the breadcrumbs & fry em in a pan. my son & husband inhale them. and the breadcrumbs i store in a ziploc in the rfreezer - they last a long time.

I use pure cornstarch. In fact, I just did this the other day for DH while I'm out of town. I coated them in cornstarch (my DD4 did it by shaking chicken tenders in a ziploc bag), fried them and set them on a paper towel to cool. Then I put them on a cutting board in the freezer for about an hour, got them back out and tossed them in a freezer bag to store in the freezer. Now they are just like the bags of Tyson chicken I used to keep on hand.

If I make my own I use Ener-G foods gluten free bread crumbs. I use it for nuggets but also for breaded chicken and it tastes very good. But I do buy frozen chicken nuggets as well. We like Ian's and also Wellshire Farms.

Nicole

I use three bowls, one full of gluten free flour, the second full of beaten egg (as long as there are no egg alergies), and third one full of gluten free breadcrumbs. cut up the chicken breast into nuggets, second roll in the flour until coated, next dip it into the egg and then the breadcrumbs. then place them onto a baking tray and cook in the oven... serve with thai sweet chilli sauce and savour!!mmmmmmmm

I use 1 lb of ground chicken , mix in 1 egg, then coat them in lays regular potato chips crushed up. Bake them in the oven for about 20 min or until brown. They come out tasting just like McDonalds. It a familly fav here!!