Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ReneCox

Awful Article On Gluten Sensitivity

I just read the worst magazine article on gluten that I have ever seen. It was published in "Woman's World". The title of the article is "A hidden food allergy may be MAKING YOU FAT! The article claims that gluten in preventing people from losing weight and that there are "AMAZING RESULTS" and "RAPID WEIGHT LOSS" for gluten free dieters. It sounds to me like a big advertisement for another fad diet...which is exactly what the article is trying to do..use it as a fad diet. It claims that "everyone should try it". And how does this article define gluten? it refers to it as "a gooey protein that is in the world's most fattening foods like chips, cookies, etc.... not ONCE does it say that gluten is wheat, rye or barley. In fact, those three words are not mentioned in the entire article. While I am glad that the awareness of gluten sensitivity is becoming more popular, it really pisses me off that whoever wrote this article, has absolutly no knowlege of Celiac Disease. The only good part of the article was that it referenced readers to THIS site for more information.

oops i guess I wrote this too fast...Looks like I wasnt the first one to get upset about this article! There is already another topic started on it