Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

luvs2eat

Maggiano's Restaurant In Phila... Boo... Hiss

This is the letter my daughter, who's also Celiac, sent to the Brinker's International Company in response to her asking Maggiano's about accommodating her.

I am beyond outraged. I have Celiac Disease and am therefore intolerant to

wheat/gluten. This makes it difficult for me to eat in restaurants, but I

usually call ahead to see what I can and can not eat, and everything is

fine.

I just called your guest services line and was told that I could not

find out what dishes have wheat/gluten in them unless I have a doctor fax a

letter verifying my disease.

This is the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard and I am stunned that such a suggestion

was made to me. I was not asking for specific recipes or quantities of ingredients-

I just wanted a yes or no regarding flour/bread/etc. I have never had this type of

experience with a restaurant company before and you better believe that I

will be detailing my horrible experience for anyone and everyone on every

blog, website, celiac chat room I can find. My sister worked as a manger

for the Macaroni Grill in Willow Grove for 4 yrs and I am shocked to see how

the other Brinker restaurants are run. I cannot even begin to describe how

disappointed this experience has made me with your company.

Bumping this back to the top, cause I can't even believe it!!!

That is pretty surprising. In this day and age, you'd think they'd be a bit more forthcoming.

Wow! How rude and inconsiderate!

I have eaten at the Maggiano's in Cincinnati and Las Vegas. Both of these restaurants have catered to the gluten free diet.

In fact, both places provided us with gluten free pasta, salads, and desserts!

I will call Brinker and act dumb and see if they give me the same treatment...

BB

This is the letter my daughter, who's also Celiac, sent to the Brinker's International Company in response to her asking Maggiano's about accommodating her.

Was this the Maggiano's in King of Prussia? I have get to go there since I started showing symptoms, but from my past experiences I am sure that they would have been much more accommodating if you talked to the restaurant manager or the chief. If they are going to be that rude to your daughter and are unable to provide anything safe, then I won't go there in the future.

Was this the Maggiano's in King of Prussia? I have get to go there since I started showing symptoms, but from my past experiences I am sure that they would have been much more accommodating if you talked to the restaurant manager or the chief. If they are going to be that rude to your daughter and are unable to provide anything safe, then I won't go there in the future.

We eat in the Maggianos at the Grove in Beverly hills California--very helpful with gluten free pasta--Weve never gottne ill there

I'm completely confused why the person answering the phone would say that. The Maggiano's in Philly is great -- I've been there twice, and both times, I just tell the hostess when I'm seated that I'm allergic to gluten, and one of the chefs comes out and talks with me about what it is that I want, and makes sure that the modifications they make are ok (they've done things like make me polenta instead of pasta, made a new sauce for an appetizer, grilled the chicken instead of breading it). They've been out of gluten-free pasta both times that I've been there, but the waitresses make it sound like they often have pasta (one even said that she has at least one celiac in each sitting).

Maybe the person answering the phone that day was new and didn't know what they were talking about...

-Char