Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fiddle-Faddle

Easy Pizza Crust!

THis is adapted from Roben Ryberg's recipe:

1 packet yeast (about 1 tablespoon)

3/4 cup milk, room temperature

1/2 cup potato starch

3/4 cup cornstarch

1/4 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoons baking powder

1 tablespoon xanthan gum

I love her recipe for pizza crust--it's so quick to put together.

Yes, it's by far the easiest recipe I have found so far. And adding the corn meal makes it SO much easier to work with, and that with the Italian seasoning really makes it taste like REAL crust!!! And corn starch and potato starch are CHEAP! (Unlike the $6.95 pizza crust mixes and the $8.95 prebaked cardboard circles they call pizza crust....)

yes love it also

Patti turned me on to it.

Alison, your Italian seasons sounds great.

i had tried the corn meal also and makes easier to handle and i like the texture better.

will copy this one also.

thanks Alison.

judy

Is this better than the Carol Fenster pizza crust recipe or just different? That one is very quick to put together too.

I just the Carol Fenster one the other day and it was really good. MMMM...Pizza....i may try this one too, just to compare.

Hi.. I am dairy free too.. can I substitute anything for the milk?? use soy milk or what?? anybody try?? Thanks Kim

I'm also dairy free :)

I used Vance's Dari Free (potato-based milk substitute) each time and it worked fine.

I would think rice milk or soy milk (but I don't drink soy, so don't know if it has a strong flavor) would work just as well.

Almond milk would be too strong--in my opinion. ;)

I was going to make this today. It looks like you don't have to let the dough sit and rise awhile? Just mix and bake? Thanks.

Nope--you don't need to let it rise--just spread it out, top, and bake. :)