Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

justme

gluten-free Birth Control

Does anyone know of a list of gluten-free drugs manufactured/sold outside of the US?

I know this is probably frowned upon, but I do order a couple of meds online, (nothing narcotic/scheduled, both hormone-related) because I can't get them here in the US, and they work well. I also can't find them on any lists, safe or unsafe. I've been having a problem with something lately, but I don't know what and I need to find out what's up! :ph34r:

are there any gluten-free birth controls out there?

Mirena - good for 5 years and reduces your periods to next to nothing, completely reversible and the company boasts a better effectiveness rate than a tubal ligation...

something to think about.

I hated how I was on the Pill - no libido, weight gain, stretch marks, breakthrough bleeding when I took the pill late, forgetting to take it at the very same time every day...

I take Yasmin and love it! I actually got pregnant on the pill (I'm guessing b/c it had gluten in it and I wasn't absorbing it?) before I knew I was a celiac. It's the first pill that I've not felt so emotional with when I started taking it - and haven't had ANY breakthrough bleeding...

Does anyone know of a list of gluten-free drugs manufactured/sold outside of the US?

I know this is probably frowned upon, but I do order a couple of meds online, (nothing narcotic/scheduled, both hormone-related) because I can't get them here in the US, and they work well. I also can't find them on any lists, safe or unsafe. I've been having a problem with something lately, but I don't know what and I need to find out what's up! :ph34r:

Pharmacies and doctors have the "bluebook" which lists all the ingredients of most medications. I don't know if this would help since I don't know what kind of info. you get with your on-line orders. Could you call the manufacturer of the drug and ask them? Most drugs have a 1-800 number or an e-mail/website address.

I am not interested in taking birth control to prevent pregnancy.. it's more of a regularity issue.. so I wouldn't mind one that had a 99% chance to getting pregnant lol.. I'm not worried about that.. but if taking the pill is going to make me never want to have sex then... ehh maybe I can deal with the irregularity!!

I am not interested in taking birth control to prevent pregnancy.. it's more of a regularity issue.. so I wouldn't mind one that had a 99% chance to getting pregnant lol.. I'm not worried about that.. but if taking the pill is going to make me never want to have sex then... ehh maybe I can deal with the irregularity!!

That is why I love Nuva Ring, It has a lower dose of hormones, thus keeping my sex drive intact. I use it to skip periods (haven't had one yet in 2007!) It's easier than remembering to take pills everyday, and If your on anti-biotics your still protected, and if you have digestive issues, your still good.

Sorry.. just love my ring! :lol: