Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

irish daveyboy

Irish Coeliac Society Message Board

Hi, my name is David and I am a Coeliac (Celiac). Just thought people might like to have a look

at the Irish site. I post recipes on this site under the user name Daveyboy.

Try out the recipes. sources for the ingredients in brackets are to show that the are vetted

by the society and certified free from any possible cross-contamination.

Sorry about going on a bit, but i don't believe in using any pre-packaged mixes

either do i right, or don't do it at all.

Bye For Now.

Visit The Irish Coeliac Website

I am American but I grew up in Ireland. My parents & sister still live there & I will be going back to get married in the next year. Any ideas on how to get a gluten-free wedding cake, etc? I was only diagnosed last year, and my sis has gone gluten-free since as she thinks it might be the source of her unexplained/misdiagosed symptoms. I am in the uneviable position of having to find gluten-free cakes in 2 countries as we will have a reception here also!!

Thanks a mil,

Ooni

I am American but I grew up in Ireland. My parents & sister still live there & I will be going back to get married in the next year. Any ideas on how to get a gluten-free wedding cake, etc? I was only diagnosed last year, and my sis has gone gluten-free since as she thinks it might be the source of her unexplained/misdiagosed symptoms. I am in the uneviable position of having to find gluten-free cakes in 2 countries as we will have a reception here also!!

Thanks a mil,

Ooni

Hi Ooni,

Sorry it took so long to reply, I only just noticed you posting !

My computer was out of action for about 2 weeks so I'm only catching up on

things now.

Here's a link to my recipe for gluten-free Rich Fruit/Wedding Cake

Just in case you want to make one or have it made for you for the

celebrations that side of the Atlantic.

Brand names in brackets can be ignored the are there to show that the ingredients

have been vetted and are gauranteed 100% free from any possible cross-contamination.

gluten-free Wedding Cake Recipe

You could contact the Irish Coeliac Society and ask if they can reccomend a baker,

I know the are presently drawing up the criteria for Bakeries to be classified gluten-free.

E-mail the Irish Coeliac Society

Hi David,

Do you live in the Emerald Isle? I got hold of the Coeliac association there and they sent me and awesome list of some restaurants and hotels that are Coeliac friendly. My sister and I are flying from Canada to Ireland on Sept. 25. this year. I was told I should have no problem finding food over in Ireland. I am so excited to be going there.

Hi David,

Do you live in the Emerald Isle? I got hold of the Coeliac association there and they sent me and awesome list of some restaurants and hotels that are Coeliac friendly. My sister and I are flying from Canada to Ireland on Sept. 25. this year. I was told I should have no problem finding food over in Ireland. I am so excited to be going there.

Hi Rusia,

Yes I am in Dublin City the Capital of the Republic of Ireland.

You are in for a treat as most, if not all of the hotels and restaurants are Coeliac friendly.

Most larger restaurants have a seperate Gluten Free Menu !

So come for the view, the food and the people, all are friendly!

Enjoy your visit.

P.S. I normally go to Canada for a month or so over the Christmas and New Year,

to see the relatives, in Burlington and Mississauga Ontario.

Then Aunts come stay with me for a few months during the summer.

Best Regards,

David

Hi Rusia,

Yes I am in Dublin City the Capital of the Republic of Ireland.

You are in for a treat as most, if not all of the hotels and restaurants are Coeliac friendly.

Most larger restaurants have a seperate Gluten Free Menu !

So come for the view, the food and the people, all are friendly!

Enjoy your visit.

P.S. I normally go to Canada for a month or so over the Christmas and New Year,

to see the relatives, in Burlington and Mississauga Ontario.

Then Aunts come stay with me for a few months during the summer.

Best Regards,

David

Thanks David,

We are going to be landing in Dublin. That is so wonderful that food is not going to be a problem. As my sister is not Celiac yet or diagnosed we figure we can drink the Apple Cider in the pubs or rum as neither of us can drink the ale's or beers.

What is the weather link in Sept-October? Should I get a hefty pair hip waders and rain coat?

I am amazed the relatives never went to Vancouver, as their weather is supposed to be closer to Irelands. You would like Vancouvers much better than yucky Burilington and Mississauga.

Have a great day,

Rusla