Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Cynbd

Cnnmoney.com Article

Trend or not, WOO HOO to the 86% jump in new product releases!!! So long as the government is defining gluten free (which they're working on), a gluten free trend can only help is with product increases and awareness.

I think this article needed to add a sentence such as, "The majority of people who eat gluten free do so because of a diagnosis of celiac; which is an intolerance to wheat, barley or rye; so for them this is not the next fad diet."

I agree it did make it sound like it was the newest fad which I don't think is the best thing, but like everyone has said.... whooo hoooo more products!

Celiac/DH and gluten intolerant are lifelong customers for these products. Keep these people healthy and since it's genetic, they will make more customers.

What food company wouldn't want to tap into that market?

L.

THe media always jumps on a tunnel vision bandwagon. As do the manufacturers when they smell a way to make big profits. Plus, the media always lacks vital information, such as the WHY of the need to have gluten free foods!

This one, however, may actually help people in the long run because so many people remain undiagnosed.

I really couldn't give a rat's behind how the gluten-free diet gets more popular, just that IT DOES! The more popular, the more the demand, the more the variety and the lower the price! The added plus is that all those people who jump on the gluten-free fad diet, will end up feeling 10 times better, realize their gluten intolerance, and stay on the diet. It's a win-win situation, if you look at it in a positive light.....

:P