Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sansglutengrl

Glutened?

Hi all,

So. I don't know about you, but I have been paying an abnormal amount of attention to my BM's since I've been diagnosed - I guess that's normal. Here's the question: How do you know what's normal? I feel like EVERY time I have loose stool or the big D I go searching through what I might have eaten (or what my co-workers might have sprinkled on me in what seems to be their 24-7 gluten fest) or used in my hair, etc. etc. etc.

Are we supposed to always have normal BM's? So if we have an abnormal one we can assume that it is a glutening? Or do non-celiacs have loose stool sometimes too?

This might seem silly, but I want to know when to worry! I'm sick of freaking out every other day!

-sansglutengrl :blink:

When I get glutened I get a definite frothy floaty diarahea (floats on the water and looks frothy) sometimes it has a bit of an oil slick as well. (they call that stetorea) Not everyone gets that however. I also get distinct stomach cramps. It litterally feels like the insides of my stomach are being eaten. For lack of a better description.

It is normal to sometimes have an upset tummy. Maybe you caught a bug or the apple you ate was too green etc. As you get more familiar with how your body reacts you should be able to tell more so if you got glutened. You most likely will notice other symptoms as well. I know its hard not to worry.

For me personally, I know it's not a glutening if it only happens once. If it's painful and I get nauseous and it keeps going all day, then I know I've been 'violated'. You probably have other sypmtoms too when you get glutened, right? And trust me, non-celiacs DEFINITELY get diarhea sometimes. My boyfriend, case in point.....

Hi all,

So. I don't know about you, but I have been paying an abnormal amount of attention to my BM's since I've been diagnosed - I guess that's normal. Here's the question: How do you know what's normal? I feel like EVERY time I have loose stool or the big D I go searching through what I might have eaten (or what my co-workers might have sprinkled on me in what seems to be their 24-7 gluten fest) or used in my hair, etc. etc. etc.

Are we supposed to always have normal BM's? So if we have an abnormal one we can assume that it is a glutening? Or do non-celiacs have loose stool sometimes too?

This might seem silly, but I want to know when to worry! I'm sick of freaking out every other day!

-sansglutengrl :blink:

I'm not sure how long ago you were diagnosed, but I know that it can take a long time before all the damage is gone. I know my stomache is still sensitive to a lot of things besides gluten. So maybe it just needs time?

Sheryll