Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mrtruhn

I Thought I Was Gluten Free

Hey all-

So this is the first time i've posted. I was diagnosed a year ago and I thought that I had been fairly good about my diet. I gave up dairy for the allocated amount of time, etc. But then I cheated and haven't given up dairy since...could this be the cause of my current condition?

I try to eat gluten free all the time, but I still feel minor symptoms (I think) like burning stomach and esphogas, gas, etc. However, I feel like I've had all the symptoms for such a long time that I can't differenciate them from my daily life...

any advice on if this normal? Or what I should do to feel better??

Thanks

I don't get why you keep trying gluten. They say it helps to cut out dairy at first to give yourself a chance to heal. The celiac diagnosis means NO GLUTEN.

So, if I read your post right, you're still gluten-free, but gave up on dairy free. You're right - this could be causing your symptoms. Some people are permanently sensitive to dairy - you might be one of them. Try cutting out ALL dairy again and see if it helps. You might have other intolerances too - soy and corn are also very common.

Dear mrtruhn,

Stop eating dairy! Chances are, that is the cause of the trouble. I used to get horrible reflux from gluten. Now that I stopped eating that, I can actually skip my second daily dose of Prilosec occaisionally, as well as sleep lying down! I never could do that before. Dairy makes me as sick as gluten, so I stay away from it. The only way I handle it is in extremely small amounts, such as in chocolate candy. I do not know why I tolerate it, but not pudding or yogurt.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl