Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jo.R

Coco Pebbles & Coco Dyno Bites

I've been sick all week and I just found out my Malt O Meal Coco Dyno Bites now have wheat. Does anyone one know when this happened? I also just heard that Coco Pebbles are no longer safe. Can anyone shed some light on this?

I think perhaps it's Cocoa Puffs, not pebbles, that you heard are unsafe. This happened a while ago, they added wheat starch. Rumor has it though that they are switching or have switched the formula back to being gluten free. I believe Malt O Meal changed their cereals to include wheat about a year ago. They now claim that none of their cereals are safe for Celiacs. At least this was the case when I called them about 8 months ago.

I had no idea Coca Pebbles changed anything. I have not purchased it in awhile. I hope someone on here can verify this.

I read it in another post, i cant seem to ccp it over here so I am just going to bump up the thread that someone seen it was no longer gluten free.

paula

Cocoa Puffs has in Caps under list of ingredients: contains wheat

My new box of Cocoa Pebbles are "safe"

Are rice crispies safe?

Are rice crispies safe?

Not usually. Definitely not Kellogg's. There are a few safe brands, Erewhon, Kinnikrisp. Check the labels for malt. Most mainstream cereals contain wheat, oat flour or malt (barley malt) and therefore are not suitable for a gluten-free diet.

I bought a box of fruity pebbles and cocoa pebbles, I ate the whole box of cocoa pebbles and was fine but when I ate the fruity pebbles I got sick. The box looked safe as far as the ingredients list.