Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I've gone gluten free, and its helped a great deal. But I'm still not completely free of bowel issues.

So I need to find out why. I've been chasing a plan whereby I might be able to get free medical care. It looks like it's going to work out.

So now that cost isn't an issue, what tests should I have run? I don't know if my problem is the result of ANOTHER intolerance/allergy or "leaky gut' or some other damage done by gluten..........or possibly still having gluten sneak into my diet inspite of my troubles.......but I'm damn well going to find out.

But as you know, the possibilities are so very complex, that I would very much like someone to help me out by listing every test they think I should ask for?

Can you test for lactose/casin issues?

I am not real sure what all you get when the health coverage is free. I would imagine though it may not be the extensive tests unless deemed medically necessary. You might want to contact the provider you have and see what your options are.

I am not real sure what all you get when the health coverage is free. I would imagine though it may not be the extensive tests unless deemed medically necessary. You might want to contact the provider you have and see what your options are.

Perhaps, but I'd rather know what to ask for then not, you know? If it doesn't work out, that's that, but if it does.........well. that's what this thread is for. What tests should I ask for?

Aw comon! Someone must have some suggestions!!!

Aw comon! Someone must have some suggestions!!!

Unfortunately you nor I live in Canada. I know of no free medical care unless you are a welfare recipient. I would contact your local health department and ask them what options you have.

Regarding testing. Request a full Celiac Panel and what they used to call an "executive panel". It is a blood test to check for deficiencies or irregularities.