Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FaithInScienceToo

gluten-free Vegan Chef

I notice that she uses grain sweetened chocolate chips. I presumed these would not be gluten free. Does anyone know?

It sounds like you would need to inquire further regarding the product she uses. That's my assumption, not much help, I guess.

It sounds like you would need to inquire further regarding the product she uses. That's my assumption, not much help, I guess.

The Sunspire brand says:

"Ingredients

Whole grain malted barley and corn, unsweetened chocolate, cocoa butter, soy lecithin (a non-GMO emulsifier), and pure natural vanilla. Made in a facility that uses dairy, peanuts, sesame, soy and tree nuts. Incidental milk may be present. Not guaranteed gluten-free.

Well, I can pretty well guarantee that they are NOT gluten free with malted barley in them! Some people do not realize that barley contains gluten. One person who is celiac herself keeps trying to sell us candies sweetened with barley because she says they are safe for my daughter. She has also made samples of "gluten free" treats containing these same chips. Gluten aside, I wouldn't buy them anyway due to her other allergies.

Now it's possible there are other brands out there but I haven't found them.