Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I find I cannot eat certain brands of gluten free foods. Just because it says gluten free doens't mean I can eat it. :(

Was terribly sick this week after my grandmother bought me some gluten free cookies. I stayed away from them for 2 days... then ate them again, the same thing happened. so i now know to avoid that brand.

Is anyone else like that? or is it just me?

Maybe you have other allergies. Maybe you system is not ready for the cookies. When first going gluten free it is good to stick to basic things as your system starts to rebuild itself.

I find I cannot eat certain brands of gluten free foods. Just because it says gluten free doens't mean I can eat it. :(

Was terribly sick this week after my grandmother bought me some gluten free cookies. I stayed away from them for 2 days... then ate them again, the same thing happened. so i now know to avoid that brand.

Is anyone else like that? or is it just me?

Dear ginap73,

I agree with blueeyedmanda. You probably do have other allergies. Have you done the Enterolab testing? Their panel tests for soy, casein, and egg intolerances as well as gluten. They also do the DNA testing to see if you have the Celiac gene or the gluten intolerance gene. It is a stool test where they use it to test for antibodies to these things. The entire panel is $380. You could also do a rotation diet. I have an overgrowth of yeast, and it can make much of the food I eat not set well. If you have been on a lot of antibiotics, birth control, and/or steroids, it is a good possibility.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

Dear ginap73,

I agree with blueeyedmanda. You probably do have other allergies. Have you done the Enterolab testing? Their panel tests for soy, casein, and egg intolerances as well as gluten. They also do the DNA testing to see if you have the Celiac gene or the gluten intolerance gene. It is a stool test where they use it to test for antibodies to these things. The entire panel is $380. You could also do a rotation diet. I have an overgrowth of yeast, and it can make much of the food I eat not set well. If you have been on a lot of antibiotics, birth control, and/or steroids, it is a good possibility.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl

This enterolab test.. is that through a GI or is it one of those internet order tests? I'm a little weary of those.

Dear justme,

It is ordered over the internet. However, many people on here have had it done. They said it is very accurate. I had blood tests and upper and lower GIs done. I do not think the team of doctors knew what to look for with Celiac. Many do not. Some GIs are misinformed to the point it is dangerous. One man on here was told he outgrew Celiac and could go back to a regular diet. You never outgrow Celiac. It is a disease you will have your entire life. The diet is the only way to repair damage and prevent further damage. Now, this man has blunted villi!

Dear UNCHeel,

Most regular MDs refuse to accept Candida as an illness or cause of it. That is why I began seeing a holistic physician last year. There are some other kinds of doctors who do diagnose it. Sikh chiropractors and naturopaths are a good bet, too. Seeing one of these will normally help you get a diagnosis. I also filled out a questionaire.

It does not always manifest with just a regular yeast infection. Symptoms tend to cause gastrointestinal distress as well. Certain symptoms that are typical include a white coating on the tongue, lower abdominal bloating, hormonal problems such as irregular menses, or abnormalities concerning it, headaches, Fibromyalgia, craving sugar, yeasty foods, or alcohol, balance issues, ringing in the ears, and so many more problems. It can cause over 100 different symptoms alone! I found the pathology so fascinating, I wrote a research paper on it. I also discovered I am probably a walking fungus! :( I would be more than happy to send you a copy if you provide your e-mail.

Sincerely,

NoGluGirl