Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DebbieInCanada

Traveling To Alaska In Mid-may

Hi everyone.

I'll be making my first trip to Alaska in mid-May. I'll be flying in to Anchorage, and staying there in a hotel for about a week. I'd really appreciate any tips on where to shop for food, or even where to eat out.

Thanks so much!

Debbie

Hi everyone.

I'll be making my first trip to Alaska in mid-May. I'll be flying in to Anchorage, and staying there in a hotel for about a week. I'd really appreciate any tips on where to shop for food, or even where to eat out.

Thanks so much!

Debbie

Just a few:

Marx Bros. Cafe - gluten friendly

Outback Steakhouse - gluten free menu

Simon and Seafort's - gluten friendly

Sullivan's - gluten free menu

...wish I could crawl in your suitcase. Enjoy your trip.

We sent PM's back and forth but I remembered that there is an OutBack in town too. I have read here that some people here go there. They are supposedly having a gluten free meny. I don't go to restaurants myself. My system is too sensitive to take the chance.

We sent PM's back and forth but I remembered that there is an OutBack in town too. I have read here that some people here go there. They are supposedly having a gluten free meny. I don't go to restaurants myself. My system is too sensitive to take the chance.

Thanks so much you guys! I'm back, and all went well. I ordered from Outback one night, and from a restaurant called "Sea Galley" another night. Both meals were great. And I bought gluten-free bread, deli meats, cheese, fruit, veggies, yogurt, etc at Nature's Pantry, which kept me supplied for breakfast and bagged lunches.

The area was BEAUTIFUL, and I wish I could have seen more - but it was a work trip.

Thanks again!

Debbie