Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

isiskingdom

Blood Coagulation

Hi! been on here a few times just went to the doctor about my bruising now I know that comes with the celiac but, all u have to do is bump me. I had a test done to see how my clotting time is and it came back that my blood coagulation is abnormal. Does Anyone know what this means? I asked my doctor but he told me nothing. I go see a ocncoligst on Friday what is the worst that this could be? I'm a little freaked out. :huh:

Hi....I dont know alot about coagulation myself however on the Lyme Disease board it is mentioned quite a bit. I read that board and many people have this same problem. I used to bruise very easily but I've improved alot and this doesnt seem to be an issue anymore.

They say you can tell if this is a problem if your blood is very thick and dark...rather than bright red and flowing easily.

Here is a description of hypercoagulation that I took from a post on that board...its kinda long though...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hypercoagulation means thickened blood. Research from the late 1990s reveals that many patients with chronic disease may have an underlying coagulation defect contributing to their symptoms. While few doctors are familiar with this condition, understanding the theory behind it can help explain many symptoms. Treatment based on this theory can lead to improvement and even recovery.

David Berg of Hemex Laboratories has been studying the hypercoagulation often found in patients with chronic disease. This list currently includes CFS/FMS, myofascial pain syndrome, osteonecrosis of the jaw, fetal loss, multiple sclerosis, Crohn

Hi! been on here a few times just went to the doctor about my bruising now I know that comes with the celiac but, all u have to do is bump me. I had a test done to see how my clotting time is and it came back that my blood coagulation is abnormal. Does Anyone know what this means? I asked my doctor but he told me nothing. I go see a ocncoligst on Friday what is the worst that this could be? I'm a little freaked out. :huh:

You don't say if you have hypercoagulation, or if it is the opposite (as in your blood not clotting well). If it is the former, Rachel may be right, on the other hand, if your blood won't clot easily (which also would result in easy bruising), you may just be deficient in vitamin K. Which would be caused by malabsorption due to celiac disease.