Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GraceE

Just Got Test Results

So I had the blood tests run, except they didn't do the tTG, which I keep seeing is the most accurate. The day after the bloodwork I went gluten-free and have been doing much better. I do know that last week I accidentally got some gluten and didn't realize it at a restaurant (until after I had eaten it - it was hidden sauce in something). About 15 minutes after eating just a couple of bites I was so nauseated I had to leave the restaurant and never ate another bite. For about 24 hours I had an upset stomach, gas, etc.

Anyway, I got my blood tests back and they were SO negative! I see a lot of people's results on this post and they're at least something, but here's what mine were:

Gliadin peptide, Ab, IgG - 5

Gliadin peptide, Ab, IgA - 0

Is that strange for them to be so low? Even down to a zero??

Now I'm confused and second guessing whether getting sick the other night from the gluten that I confirmed that I got was just a fluke. I'm feeling better on the diet so I guess I'll just stay on it. I've even tossed around going back on gluten just to see what happens but that freaks me out! Not sure why I even consider it.

After I knowingly went gluten-free, I realized that I had unknowingly cut most gluten out of my diet anyway. Maybe you weren't eating a lot of gluten in the months before the test?

Guest j_mommy

Have you had a biopsy???? Sometimes people have neg blood tests. In my situation(I was just recieved results April 1st---happy april fools day to me!LOL) my test results were very positive but they want me to continue on my reg diet until after teh biopsy so we can have true resilts and then go gluten free. You need to do what is best for you! If not having gluten makes you feel better....do it! Reguardless of what the tests say!