Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TrillumHunter

Gluten Free Tucson Restaurants

Hi all,

This will be my third trip to Tucson but the first time with as a celiac. :rolleyes: We love Parrilla de Suiza (might not be spelling that correct) I know they have delicious corn tortillas but I wonder if anyone else has spoken to them. Our room has a kitchen so I'll go to Trader Joe's and Sunflower for goodies but I would like to go to this place.

Also, can you tell me of any farmers market open at the end of May?

Thanks,

Monica

I think there are some gluten-free pizza places in Arizona, too, Monica.

Picazzo's Pizza has a HUGE gluten free menu and it is TOO DIE FOR! But they are only in Scottsdale, Tempe, Sedona and Flagstaff. I miss Pizazzo's. I am almost willing to buy an airline ticket just to got buy me a Pizza :lol:

Monica,

It's La Parilla Suiza...we haven't eaten there, but my husband (the celiac) generally will eat at any mexican place (and there are lots of them around here!) He just makes sure he gets corn tortillas and asks about gluten if there are any sauces used. We just ate at Habaneros today...was awesome! Fish tacos were the best ever!

Keep in mind that he is no where near as cautious as many celiacs...he does not worry about cross contamination.

Carrabbas, PF Changs, and Outback also have gluten free menus. As for grocery stores, you can also visit Sprouts or Wild Oats. Not sure on a farmers market.

If you are concerned, you could check out their website www.laparillasuiza.com and send them an email.

By the way, also be careful that the chips served with salsa are corn ..some restaurants use flour.

Good luck!