Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I called the Imodium people to ask if the liquid Imodium is safe for my Celiac son. The woman I spoke with said that she cannot tell me it is gluten free because it is one of their medications that has not been tested yet. But, she said she could tell me with certainty that all of their products are made with a corn or potato base and that none of their products contain wheat, rye, oats, or barley. So I kind of felt like she legally could not use the term "gluten free" because of the none testing but that it is infact gluten free because it does not contain any of the offensive ingredients. Does that sound like I heard it right?

Nicole

Imodium A-D Caplets: Manufactured by McNeil Consumer Products Company. Gluten free: Yes. Vegetarian: Unknown. Verified: 1/11/07.

Yet, this is the caplets and I do know they are gluten free. I haven't used the liquid since before I was gluten free, so I do not know.

I just went to their website and read the ingredients, I honestly do not see anything containing gluten in them.

I read that the liquid might not be....

darlindeb25 posted one brand that definately is.... so my opinion is why take the risk... ??

Most of the generic brands proably are and must state it anyway if they do.. or say might contain...

There are 101 brands of loperamide hydrochoride available and many are gluten-free...

Whereby it might be slightly easier to give a child liquid... I'd still say why take the risk... ?

We had a thread going about Imodium a while ago, stating that the pills are fine, but the liquid is not gluten-free.

Nicole,

I agree with the others and would recommend the caplets. There's been some questions concerning the liquid.

Before I was diagnosed, I established that the liquid made my stomach hurt, but not the pills. After I read about the controversy I said "AHA very interesting, what a coincidence!".

best regards, lm

DON'T KNOW HOW LONG THE 'GREEN' LIQUID HAS BEEN ON THE MARKET.

WHEN IT CHANGED COLOR, I CALLED THE COMPANY

I'D LIVE ON THE FIRST LIQUID FOR OVER 10 YEARS...

WITH THE 'GREEN' CAME UNCONTROLLED 'D'.

CALLED THE COMPANY..BET IT WAS OVER 3 YEARS AGO, WHEN THE CHANGE HAPPEN?

THE WOMAN TOLD ME THE SAME THINGS- IT HADN'T BEEN TESTED YET.

SHE SAID ALL THEIR $$ WAS GOING INTO 'MARKETING THE NEW PRODUCT TO COMPETE WITH THE 'OTHER PINK BRAND" ha LIKE I DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS PE PTO BISMAL... :blink:

I SUGGESTED SHE HAD THE CART BEFORE THE HORSE.

THEY SHOULD TEST THE INGREDIENTS FIRST AND TEST THE .....MARKETING....AFTER THEY KNEW WHAT WAS IN IT

I SURE WOULD NOT USE NOR GIVE TO A CHILD...JUST MY OPINION, HOWEVER.

JUDY

DON'T KNOW HOW LONG THE 'GREEN' LIQUID HAS BEEN ON THE MARKET.

WHEN IT CHANGED COLOR, I CALLED THE COMPANY

I'D LIVE ON THE FIRST LIQUID FOR OVER 10 YEARS...

WITH THE 'GREEN' CAME UNCONTROLLED 'D'.

CALLED THE COMPANY..BET IT WAS OVER 3 YEARS AGO, WHEN THE CHANGE HAPPEN?

THE WOMAN TOLD ME THE SAME THINGS- IT HADN'T BEEN TESTED YET.

SHE SAID ALL THEIR $$ WAS GOING INTO 'MARKETING THE NEW PRODUCT TO COMPETE WITH THE 'OTHER PINK BRAND" ha LIKE I DIDN'T KNOW IT WAS PE PTO BISMAL... :blink:

I SUGGESTED SHE HAD THE CART BEFORE THE HORSE.

THEY SHOULD TEST THE INGREDIENTS FIRST AND TEST THE .....MARKETING....AFTER THEY KNEW WHAT WAS IN IT

I SURE WOULD NOT USE NOR GIVE TO A CHILD...JUST MY OPINION, HOWEVER.

JUDY

Dear Judy,

What's up with using all upper case?

best regards, lm

Im

Sorry I can't read the small print when i'm typing so make too many errors.

i'm not shouting.

most just know that's the way i see on this board.

j

Im

Sorry I can't read the small print when i'm typing so make too many errors.

i'm not shouting.

most just know that's the way i see on this board.

j

Dear Judy,

How'd ya get that heart up there?

best regards, lm

Im

I see you joined in Jan of this year.

GUESS YOU WERE SHOCKED TO SEE ALL CAPS.. :lol:

I KNOW YOU CAN ENLARGE THE TYPE BUT NOT WHEN TYPING THE ORIGINAL POST

WHEN I READ OTHERS POSTS HAVE TO USE THE 'SIZES' OPTION

OK FOR THE HEART..JUST DID THE ? MARK FOR YOU

WHEN YOU GO DOWN THE HIT THE ' ADD REPLY' OPTION...RIGHT ABOVE THAT IT SAYS ' POST ICONS' OPTIONAL ...

YOU CAN JUST HIT THE USE NONE AND LEAVE IT ON

OR

KEY IN THE HEART AND ..WA-LA- THERE YOU GO.

LOVE YOUR DOG AVATAR BY THE WAY.

HOW ARE YOU LIKING THE C.COM FORUM?

JUDY

dear judy,

So that's what those post icons are for! Your the first I've noticed using them. Your a pioneer woman!

I must love the forum very much, as I'm on here morning, noon, and night. One could say I must be obsessed with it. lol

best regards, lm

p.s., Phoebe Buffay does the same thing your cat's doing when she wants her tummy kissed. That's a cute picture.

Text size tip.

If your on Windows and want to make your type larger, just for you to see. Hold ctrl key down and go up or down on your mouse wheel. It just increases or decreases the size you see, not the size you are typing. This actually works on lots of things. Linux too I believe.

Check it out, it works on most everything. It can be nice, on webpages where they assume you are using a really poor resoultion on your monitor.

Hold down Ctrl, then mouse wheel up or down. (check out what shift and alt do too! :>)

Text size tip.

If your on Windows and want to make your type larger, just for you to see. Hold ctrl key down and go up or down on your mouse wheel. It just increases or decreases the size you see, not the size you are typing. This actually works on lots of things. Linux too I believe.

Check it out, it works on most everything. It can be nice, on webpages where they assume you are using a really poor resoultion on your monitor.

Hold down Ctrl, then mouse wheel up or down. (check out what shift and alt do too! :>)

Good tip :D

You can also in Firefox set the minimum font size it will go down to...globally... which is useful if you do have problems on small type on more than one site...(preferences/conteny/advanced tab on font)... Its been in Firefox a long time and IE usually copies firefox so I'd expect its there too and Safari definately has it if your on a Mac.

This leaves the fonts as they are until they get smaller than your pre-defined minimum...

The board uses some quite small fonts so this can make life easier too....

grant's tip is great if you infrequently need to do this like if you use reading glasses sometimes... or you just get tired eyes

I really need glasses myself but I can manage until my eyes get tired... and I'm too stubborn to have my eyes tested...

If you constantly struggle setting the min font size is more permanent but it can mess with the formatting on some sites...wheras grant's tip you can just reset at will...