Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

annie-is-GF

How Long Do Labs Usually Take Processing This Blood Work?!

I work in a doctor's office, and the lab is in the same building where I work. I went for "celiac antibodies" testing exactly 1 week ago (on Friday April 20) in the lab. I am the person who picks up the lab results for our office and I have looked through all the results every day, and nothing has come back yet. In the office where I work we usually get most tests back the very next day... though I do know that some tests can take a long time to come back.

Anyone have any idea how long labs usually take when processing blood for celiac antibodies?

Thanks a lot ... :)

Hi Annie,

I just got tested last week and my results came back fairly quick (a few days) but I do know that the Lab had to ship to a different location because they do not do that kind of testing in their facility. That may be why it is taking longer?

Hope you get them soon!

I had my blood work taken on Wednesday. The lady @ the labs front counter said 2-3 days. The phlebotimist said a week and the doctors office wouldn't allow me to make my re-check appointment for less than 2 weeks. I don't think they really know how long it takes, they all seemed to be guessing.

We had our son tested 2 weeks ago and haven't heard back yet. I figured it might take some time but I'm starting to get antsy. I said to my husband, "maybe they came back positive and she needs time to do some homework before she has a talk with us about the results". :lol: Really I like her because she seems to have a curious mind. But she was reluctant to test him, in a well meaning cautious way.