Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wintersky

Is Ibuprophen gluten-free/df?

Hi.. I get lower back pain and cramps at times and I used to take ibuprophen for that cause for sertain aches and inflammation.. it is better..for me.. but does anyone know is any brand they know of gluten free and dairy free? thanks in advance..Kim

THANKS missysmom... That was sooooo helpful! I really needed that.. Kim

While i am trying to feel better and get my system back on track. ...I just started this gluten-free/DF diet monday.. I am staying off of dairy too.. I used to like to snack on popcorn in evenings but it was the 94% ff kind so there was some butter.. so i am avoiding that for now.. we ordered pizza and boy i can't belive i didn't have any! i loved dominos! I love being painfree more.. first day no real belly pain to speak of... yeah! I have been having soymilk in lieu of milk so we'll see if I can handle that...

how do i know whether it bothers me or my system is still getting healthy??? Kim

You're welcome. There may be other meds lists out there but I rarely take meds(OTC or prescription) and this was the list that I came across early on in the diet.

If you're asking about how to tell how dairy is affecting you, well...I'm in denial a bit so I'm not the best person to give advice but dairy has always bothered me even before celiac disease, I haven't been tested for it so don't know if mine is allergy or lactose intolerant but I just listen to my body( I really should be tested so I can more affectively address it) Anyway, I can eat yogurt with no problem and hard, aged, and goats milk cheese with little or no problem but soft, fresh cheese, cream and regular milk give me gass, bloating, stomach aches and diarreah. If I eat too much dairy in a sitting or too often I also have a problem and will occasionally get large painful blemishes. All these symptoms for me are different than the ones I get from being glutened. As I get used to the gluten-free diet, I'm gradually trying to limit my dairy intake even more than I already am because I feel better without it. Again, I've always had a problem with it. There are others here who's experience has been different from mine and could give advice. Hopefully they will respond. You could post it as a separate question too. Good Luck. Be patient with the healing process it takes time.

It's possible that once your intestines have healed, you might be able to eat dairy again. This has been true for many of us, but not all.

If you don't have a dairy intolerance, but just gluten intolerance, the leaky gut caused by the gluten intolerance can cause you to have trouble digesting all sorts of things. It usually takes a few months to a year to heal enough, from what I've read here.

Good luck!