Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hells Bells

Low Normal Thyroid? Any Ideas

I just got the results of my blood tests back for thyroid. MY doctor said at first they were normal but the tests were not very subtle and infact I was at the low end of normal. This explains why I am always colder than everyone else, am fatigued, have dry brittle hair and have problems loosing weight. BUT as it was normal she was not going to take any further action at this time.

Does anyone know of a way I can naturaly boost my thyroid function? Foods suppliments ect.

Thank you

Does anyone know of a way I can naturaly boost my thyroid function?

Change Drs ? To one that knows Thyroid, and knows how to read a blood test and interpret it ?

You need to get your thyroid peroxidase antibodies checked as well. They should be under 20. If your Tsh is over 2.0 you need meds. Low normal for one may be fine, but for another may be awful. Georgie is right. Find a doc that know what he is doing. Check out Dr. Lowe.com for lot of good info.

I definitely agree with what georgie and loraleena said... When your levels are on the low end of "normal" and you have classic symptoms of being hypothyroid, the best thing you can do is find a doctor who is willing to work with you until YOU feel better.

A great resource for finding doctors like this is http://thyroid.about.com/cs/doctors/a/topdocs.htm.

It has reviews of doctors all over the world written by actual patients.

It's also worth noting that the "normal" ranges that most labs use are often outdated. I've done a bit of research on this topic, but I don't have the resources in front of me. It's quite interesting though.

~Sara~

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Top Posters +

1. 1
    2. 2
      RMJ
      RMJ
    3. 3
    4. 4
    5. 5
    6. YOU