Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jimbo1984

Blood Work- Does Gluten Intolerance Get Tested!

Hi!

I had some blood work done a couple weeks back, as I've been feeling constantly tired and lethargic and it's making my 9-5 job really uncomfortable. The blood test (it was a fasting test, done in England with the NHS) came back all negative, so the docs can't help me out.

It struck me last week that I feel most tired after eating lunch- and I always have a sandwhich which... you guesedt it- contains gluten. As of today, I'm going on a 2 week no gluten trial- but I was wondering if anyone knows if a regular fasting test examines gluten intolerance? In which case I should probably look at something else.

Thanks!

P.S. Oh, I've had IBS for about 6 years now.

Hi!

I had some blood work done a couple weeks back, as I've been feeling constantly tired and lethargic and it's making my 9-5 job really uncomfortable. The blood test (it was a fasting test, done in England with the NHS) came back all negative, so the docs can't help me out.

It struck me last week that I feel most tired after eating lunch- and I always have a sandwhich which... you guesedt it- contains gluten. As of today, I'm going on a 2 week no gluten trial- but I was wondering if anyone knows if a regular fasting test examines gluten intolerance? In which case I should probably look at something else.

Thanks!

P.S. Oh, I've had IBS for about 6 years now.

In the U.S., typical blood work does not contain a Celiac test unless the doctor specifically requests it.

• Celiac.com Sponsor:

• Top Posters +

1. 1
    2. 2
      RMJ
      RMJ
    3. 3
    4. 4
    5. 5
    6. YOU