Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FeedIndy

Gluten Free Doritos!

I found White Nacho Doritos the other day and was thrilled to see they are gluten free. They taste almost exactly like the original gluten-filled variety. Unfortunately, it is a promotional item. They are pitting them against BBQ Cheddar Doritos and only one will go into the full line at the end of the promo. Please, please vote for the nacho Doritos! I am so excited to have an old "friend" back and will be incredibly sad to lose them again.

You can vote at http://fftf.doritos.com/ once each day!

Ive not seen that flavor here in western Australia either but I have noticed that the (regular flavor) is also gluten free, with regard to the nacho ones, I am not surpised the white nacho would be gluten-free I think its the color in the others that contains the gluten.

www.frito-lay.com has a HUGE listing of their gluten free snacks. And it's updated often (last update was early April 2007). I think we need to thoroughly support them and they even said their STAX product (like Pringles) is made on a dedicated gluten-free line. All hail Frito-Lay!

I've posted numerous times about how much I like Frito Lay. But this is ridiculous. I didn't mind having to register for the contest, making up a user name, and a secret answer, giving my name, address, email address, even though this most certainly will translate to more junk mail, real & computer. But it wouldn't proceed with out a telephone number. I have to draw the line there. I could have put a fake one in there, but I'm hoping they can track the "no thanks" votes. Sorry.

best regards, lm

I voted too...I also found a list on their website of all of thier products that do not contain gluten. Don't know about you buy I was pretty excited to see that they had quite a few options, even if I'm not allowed any grains including corn right now...... :P

http://www.fritolay.com/fl/flstore/cgi-bin...odID_364066.htm

meemers

I looked for that flavour up here because I heard people rave about it - it's not available up here as far as I know.....

Karen, try Zesty Cheese Doritos in the orange bag. To me, they taste pretty much the same as Nacho Cheese Doritos, but they are gluten-free. They also come in small bags at the 7-11, etc.