Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

momof2sn

No Poop

I just joined last week with a million questions. Everyone has been so helpful!!

Today is my daughter's 2nd day gluten free. It has been okay. I cried when she asked for pizza yesterday.

She is 21 mo. old has Neg. blood work and biopsy. But has a positive HLA-DQ8. She has also had chronic diarrhea. I say all this because, now nothing. She is not having any bowel movements. Now, she is not potty trained yet, so it is nice not having to change her mess all the time, but now I am concerned that she is now stopped up. Could she possibly just be a child who needs limited gluten in her diet instead of completely eliminating gluten?? Or does her body need a few days to get into rythm??

I just joined last week with a million questions. Everyone has been so helpful!!

Today is my daughter's 2nd day gluten free. It has been okay. I cried when she asked for pizza yesterday.

She is 21 mo. old has Neg. blood work and biopsy. But has a positive HLA-DQ8. She has also had chronic diarrhea. I say all this because, now nothing. She is not having any bowel movements. Now, she is not potty trained yet, so it is nice not having to change her mess all the time, but now I am concerned that she is now stopped up. Could she possibly just be a child who needs limited gluten in her diet instead of completely eliminating gluten?? Or does her body need a few days to get into rythm??

hi, good chance that her body is adjusting, kids can go up to a week without bm's and its not bad for them. as long as she is not really struggling to go or having discomfort from it, you can give her prunes or apple juice, or warm water, even the warm bath sometimes can help, but i wouldnt worry to much, maybe enjoy not having so many diapers to change, and you can get some great gluten-free pizza crust for her, and you can also get pre made pizza's to have on hand if thats one of her favorites.

GOOD LUCK