Celiac.com Sponsor:

Celiac.com Sponsor:

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kbabe1968

I Just Made Doughnuts!

The things I never would have thought of doing had I not had to go gluten free! I never ever would have made my own doughnuts.

I used the recipe for gluten-free Favorite Donuts from this site (if you go to site Index and go in gluten free recipes link)...I had to adapt it a little b/c I didn't have some of the ingredients.

I made them into donut holes. OH MY SOOO SOOO GOOD!!!

You have to try them!

The things I never would have thought of doing had I not had to go gluten free! I never ever would have made my own doughnuts.

I used the recipe for gluten-free Favorite Donuts from this site (if you go to site Index and go in gluten free recipes link)...I had to adapt it a little b/c I didn't have some of the ingredients.

I made them into donut holes. OH MY SOOO SOOO GOOD!!!

You have to try them!

Here's my method to make gluten-free donuts (from yeast dough recipe) - I use 4" tin mini-pie plates, form the dough portions into flat balls (like for a burger bun), and then put a wine cork in the middle while it rises (yep, had to drink 12 bottles of wine to make the first dozen :blink: ).

After the donuts rise and are ready to deep fry, I carefully take the cork out (twisting motion works best), and then invert the pan on to my hand, and then place the donut into the hot oil. It's kind of finicky work - but the donuts are SO worth it!!

Debbie

Here is the recipe I use for yeast donuts: