Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

blueeyedmanda

I'm An Aunt!

My sister gave birth tonight to a baby girl, Silvia. She was breech so my sister had to have a C-section. This is the first baby between my sisters and I. I wish I could have been there, she lives 2 hrs away. I will post pics as soon as they put them in the I-Nursery.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I just love new babies.........congrats on being an Auntie :)

Jessica

Gluten Free since 12-31-2002!!

Kansas

CONGRATS!!!!!!! So exciting! I'm gonna be an aunt for the 1st time any day now too :)

Jillian

Positive Blood test and Biopsy

Inflamed stomach lining

Gluten free since July 6, 2005

Tarrytown, NY

"Sometimes being a b$tch is all a woman has to hold onto." - Dolores Claiborne

This is so exciting!!! We are making another trip home this weekend to see the new baby. Now I am waiting on my sister Carrie to email me the pictures she took. I talked to Tammy, the new mom, and she is feeling better. She is waiting to see her baby, she really doesn't remember clearly the delivery because she was drugged. I believe this might be the first time she will hold the baby. :):):) Awww!! Just in time for mothers day too.

36_22_10[1].gif

Congrats on the new bb. How exciting. Tell her to get spoiled as much as she can. And to rest, I thought i was supermom after my c/s and i was out shopping the day i got out of the hospital lol

paula

gluten, casein and soy free

on low carb/low sugar diet

Aww, Congratulations on being an Aunt! :wub: Hope Mom and Baby are doing well!

-Ash

-Diganosed with Celiac's Disease on April 15, 2005.

"Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life"-Picasso

Love the pictures--the baby is beautiful!

Thanks for sharing, Amanda, and my best wishes to the family. Have fun this weekend :D

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

Thanks Everyone! She is so small. She stays right in the room with Tammy. I talked to Tammy last night and she was rocking her baby. Aww!

36_22_10[1].gif

How long was the baby. She is just adorable, I so wish i could have more kids, but hubby put an stop to that lol. I bet you cant wait to hold her yourself.

paula

She is 18 inches, and is healthy.

I cannot wait for my own actually. We are getting married in October and are going to start trying soon after that. John had chemo a few years ago and was told his chances may not be as good. So we keep our fingers crossed. We are going to put our name on some adoption lists as well once we are married.

36_22_10[1].gif

She is tiny. My smallest was 5 pounds 9 ounces and 19.75 inches, due to being 6 weeks early and trying to come out feet first lol. I think it is good to have smaller babies then they take longer to grow up lol.

Good luck on getting pg. That is great about putting your name on adoption list to, i think that is great. There are so many kids out there that dont have homes.

paula

Congratulations Aunt Amanda!!

Silvia is adorabe and your sister and bil look so happy!!

Mom of:

Carleigh~ 10 years old, allergic to wheat, milk, peanuts, strawberries, and many EAs. She is currently soy-light and egg-light ~ celiac testing inconclusive by allergist.

Gluten-Free since 10/05 She's a gymnast. : )

Nick ~ 13 years old with no known allergies.

Congrats. The baby is beautiful. I am going to be an aunt in 7 weeks and a great aunt in 22 weeks. I am soooooooo excited as I know you are.

jennyj

Diagnosed March 2006 celiac sprue

Severe iron deficent anemia Jan 2002

Hypoglecemia 2000

"I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me"

She is tiny. My smallest was 5 pounds 9 ounces and 19.75 inches, due to being 6 weeks early and trying to come out feet first lol. I think it is good to have smaller babies then they take longer to grow up lol.

Good luck on getting pg. That is great about putting your name on adoption list to, i think that is great. There are so many kids out there that dont have homes.

paula

Actually, both my sisters were adopted, my parents did still do foster children. My sisters were some of the first children we had in our home. Carrie is going to be 21 in Sept and Tammy the new Mom will be 20 in June. We look like biological sisters so a lot of people would never guess we were not related.

36_22_10[1].gif

My brother whose wife is going to make me an aunt was also my foster brother that my parents adopted when I was 19 and he was 4. When my youngest daughter was 4 and he was 11 he was chasing her around the church and one of the ladies said "You sure can tell that those two are related they look and act so much alike." I told her thank you and that it meant alot to me seeing that he was adopted and she said "He was not, they look to much alike for him to be adopted."

jennyj

Diagnosed March 2006 celiac sprue

Severe iron deficent anemia Jan 2002

Hypoglecemia 2000

"I can do all things through Christ who strenghtens me"

Congratulations! It's good to hear good news once in a while.

Wishing you best wishes as well on your upcoming wedding and life together.

Husband has Celiac Disease and

Husband misdiagnosed for 27 yrs -

The misdiagnosis was: IBS or colitis

Mis-diagnosed from 1977 to 2003 by various gastros including one of the largest,

most prestigious medical groups in northern NJ which constantly advertises themselves as

being the "best." This GI told him it was "all in his head."

Serious Depressive state ensued

Finally Diagnosed with celiac disease in 2003

Other food sensitivities: almost all fruits, vegetables, spices, eggs, nuts, yeast, fried foods, roughage, soy.

Needs to gain back at least 25 lbs. of the 40 lbs pounds he lost - lost a great amout of body fat and muscle

Developed neuropathy in 2005

Now has lymphadema 2006It is my opinion that his subsequent disorders could have been avoided had he been diagnosed sooner by any of the dozen or so doctors he saw between 1977 to 2003

Tammy and Silvia are going home today. She has been put into the hospital's I-Nursery.

They spelled the baby's name wrong...but look how cute.

Sam's mom made the white outfit for the baby to come home in. Sam's entire family lives in Italy, his mom is in in her 80's. She will be going to Italy to be christened in August.

http://www1.geisinger.org/inursery/pgIndiv...y.cfm?id=532132

36_22_10[1].gif

What a little cutie :D

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev