Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

justme

Dr. Green

does anyone go to Dr. Green? I hear he is THE Dr. to go to. I was curious to know if anyone who does go to him, or any of the doctors at Columbia, use Empire for their insurance. With Dr. Green you pay and then get reimbursed. Has anyone used Empire with him?

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

I'm sure they do accept some insurances. Dr. Green was asked by a woman Sunday why he doesn't take medicare and he said he does work with medicare. Just call the office and ask what insurances they participate with or just ask if they take yours.

Deb

Long Island, NY

Double DQ1, subtype 6

We urge all doctors to take time to listen to your patients.. don't "isolate" symptoms but look at the whole spectrum. If a patient tells you s/he feels as if s/he's falling apart and "nothing seems to be working properly", chances are s/he's right!

"The calm river of your life approaches the rocky chute of the rapids - flow on through. You are the same water. The rocks cannot hurt you. Remember, now and then, that you are the water and not the boat. Flow on!

Guest j_mommy

Elizabeth on "the View" goes to him. Everything i've heard and read about his has been great! I wish I were closer!!!!

does anyone go to Dr. Green? I hear he is THE Dr. to go to. I was curious to know if anyone who does go to him, or any of the doctors at Columbia, use Empire for their insurance. With Dr. Green you pay and then get reimbursed. Has anyone used Empire with him?

What is so special about this dr. green does he offer some alternatives i haven't heard before? Have you heard of glutenase?

What is so special about this dr. green does he offer some alternatives i haven't heard before? Have you heard of glutenase?

Dr. Peter H.R. Green is founder and director of the Celiac Disease Center at Columbia University in New York City. From Dr. Green's Book, CELIAC DISEASE - A Hidden Epidemic, "The Celac Disease Center at Columbia University is the only center in the United States that provides comprehensive medical care, including nutrician, for adults and pediatric patients with celiac disease. It's mission is to redefine the future of celiac disease and treatment through continuing advances in biomedical research, patient care, and physician and public education. The center is diagnosing and treating more than two thousand patients annually from around the world."

You do not have to see Dr. Green himself at the Celiac Disease Center - there are several other doctors who work there, who are easier to obtain an appointment with, as well as having more insurance options. This is what I did.

There's no magic bullet yet for Celiac, though - you have to be on the diet to recover.

Glutenase cannot be used by people with Celiac Disease to safely consume gluten, although it probably wouldn't hurt to take it.

Website of the Celiac Disease Center at Columbia University:

http://www.celiacdiseasecenter.columbia.edu/CF-HOME.htm

Celiac diagnosis from positive blood work & endoscope (2005)

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 Subtype 2,8 (double Celiac genes)

I have celiac and I take glutenease EVERYTIME I eat out, as a precaution. I figure it can't hurt. So far I have not gotten sick. I take it as a precaution to cc issues. I realized recently they recommend taking it with one of the companies enzymes as well, so I will be picking up a bottle of that too.

Hello,

I was wondering what the situation would be if you went to the celiac disease center at columbia university with no insurance? I have none right now and was wondering if reimbursement would occur even with no insurance, if not, what occurs for a person with no insurance? Thank you.

Dr. Peter H.R. Green is founder and director of the Celiac Disease Center at Columbia University in New York City. From Dr. Green's Book, CELIAC DISEASE - A Hidden Epidemic, "The Celac Disease Center at Columbia University is the only center in the United States that provides comprehensive medical care, including nutrician, for adults and pediatric patients with celiac disease. It's mission is to redefine the future of celiac disease and treatment through continuing advances in biomedical research, patient care, and physician and public education. The center is diagnosing and treating more than two thousand patients annually from around the world."

You do not have to see Dr. Green himself at the Celiac Disease Center - there are several other doctors who work there, who are easier to obtain an appointment with, as well as having more insurance options. This is what I did.

There's no magic bullet yet for Celiac, though - you have to be on the diet to recover.

Glutenase cannot be used by people with Celiac Disease to safely consume gluten, although it probably wouldn't hurt to take it.

Website of the Celiac Disease Center at Columbia University:

http://www.celiacdiseasecenter.columbia.edu/CF-HOME.htm

Hello,

I was wondering what the situation would be if you went to the celiac disease center at columbia university with no insurance? I have none right now and was wondering if reimbursement would occur even with no insurance, if not, what occurs for a person with no insurance? Thank you.

I also heard about Dr Green (I live in NYC) but he does not take my insurance and cant afford to go out of network :(

stinks, heard he is great. Anyone know anyone else in NYC who takes Oxford Liberty??

I also heard about Dr Green (I live in NYC) but he does not take my insurance and cant afford to go out of network :(

stinks, heard he is great. Anyone know anyone else in NYC who takes Oxford Liberty??

Have you asked Columbia if any of the doctors at the Celiac Center take Oxford Liberty?

Celiac diagnosis from positive blood work & endoscope (2005)

Serologic equivalent: HLA-DQ 2,3 Subtype 2,8 (double Celiac genes)