Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I got some UTZ chips the other day, I was overjoyed they were Labeled as gluten free, and was going to send them a letter thanking them. While on website, i found this page!

http://www.utzsnacks.com/nutritioninfo_celiacsprue.html

I thought this was great that they provided information and posted it.

They have become my exclusive Potatoe chip provider!

Dx 3/23/07

Gluten free 3/27/07

Intolerant:

Gluten

MSG

Allergies:

Ragweed

Honeydew

Cantalope

Nickel (jewelry)

Dx'd Lymphocytic Colitis 6/16/08

I am a bad silly-yak!

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Isn't it great. I wish more people did that.

Wegmans does it on their store brand of products, they are moving into our area in Sept.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

Isn't it great. I wish more people did that.

Wegmans does it on their store brand of products, they are moving into our area in Sept.

I'm actually orginally from the Scranton Area, and when I go home on weekends I go to Wegmans to stock up! I can't wait for Wegmans, though I have found Giant in Camp Hill has a good selection and the prices are ok. They also have gluten free classes and store tours. I have found prices for the same stuff that Gaint carries are cheaper at Wegmans in Scranton (dickson city actually).

Dx 3/23/07

Gluten free 3/27/07

Intolerant:

Gluten

MSG

Allergies:

Ragweed

Honeydew

Cantalope

Nickel (jewelry)

I am a bad silly-yak!

I lot of people eat Utz with no problems--I was not one of them. I had a typical gluten reaction from eating them--they are not made on dedicated equipment, so there is always the possibility of cross contamination (as there is with most mainstream products).

I was further disappointed by the fact that they didn't answer my (polite) email.

Patti

"Life is what happens while you're busy making other plans"

"When people show you who they are, believe them"--Maya Angelou

"Bloom where you are planted"--Bev

I'm actually orginally from the Scranton Area, and when I go home on weekends I go to Wegmans to stock up! I can't wait for Wegmans, though I have found Giant in Camp Hill has a good selection and the prices are ok. They also have gluten free classes and store tours. I have found prices for the same stuff that Gaint carries are cheaper at Wegmans in Scranton (dickson city actually).

It is strange you say this, I am orginally from the Scranton area, well a little more north of Scranton in Susquehanna county. My family all lives there yet, I go to visit them often, I was in the Dickson City Wegmans this past weekend. I cannot go anywhere without stopping at that store. :)

36_22_10[1].gif

It is strange you say this, I am orginally from the Scranton area, well a little more north of Scranton in Susquehanna county. My family all lives there yet, I go to visit them often, I was in the Dickson City Wegmans this past weekend. I cannot go anywhere without stopping at that store. :)

I am from the East of Scranton area, Lake wallenpaupack actually. I was in that wegmans also this wekend, stopped in Saturday when I was on my way to Minooka Bakery (for grainless baker goodies!)

My Parents live about 15 minutes from the Actual Grainless bakery, but they dont' sell there :(

Dx 3/23/07

Gluten free 3/27/07

Intolerant:

Gluten

MSG

Allergies:

Ragweed

Honeydew

Cantalope

Nickel (jewelry)

I am a bad silly-yak!

I am from Forest City, very tiny town. I stopped at the Minoka Pastry shop on thursday and I bought the new Oatmeal Rasin cookies. They were room temp on the shelf. Very good. There were not soft but they tasted nice. I also picked up a box of the butterfly cookies, those are my favorite next to the Snickerdoodles. I always nuke them in the microwave for a few seconds. Yummy!

36_22_10[1].gif

I am from Forest City, very tiny town. I stopped at the Minoka Pastry shop on thursday and I bought the new Oatmeal Rasin cookies. They were room temp on the shelf. Very good. There were not soft but they tasted nice. I also picked up a box of the butterfly cookies, those are my favorite next to the Snickerdoodles. I always nuke them in the microwave for a few seconds. Yummy!

I know where Forest city is! Cute Town!

This week I got the Graham crackers and bagels, the crackers were yummy! The bagels, not so much, but I'm gonna try again. I should have thought before I bought them - I just went dairy Free(ish)... no cream cheese or butter! grr...

I've had the butterfly cookies....mmmm.... and I love their sandwich bread! I like their brownies! I cut them into indvidual squares and save them for chocolate fixes!

Dx 3/23/07

Gluten free 3/27/07

Intolerant:

Gluten

MSG

Allergies:

Ragweed

Honeydew

Cantalope

Nickel (jewelry)

I am a bad silly-yak!

I had my chocolate fix this past weekend, I went to Gertrude Hawk. We buy the Wegmans pasta sauce a lot, and boy is it good, and the price is great. I am going to stop there again this weekend. We are heading up there because my sister had her baby last night.

Do you ever go to the Gluten Free Source in Dillsburg? I haven't been there in a few weeks, but they sell the Bell and Evans chicken nuggets. Those are real good too.

36_22_10[1].gif

Utz is a good company. I'm originally from the Hanover/Gettysburg area and know some of the big wigs in the company very well. They're more reliable than the chips that you'd get from Snyders (for obvious reasons). I'm sorry they didn't answer your e-mail, they're usually very prompt about responding but like most large companies sometimes things are overlooked. I have never had a problem eating them because the risk of cross contamination, while there, is much less than other places. They have a line for their pretzels...which is in a separate part of the factory than their chips...they don't run those on the same line. Not saying that they don't run their other flavored chips on the same line but I do know that they don't mix things to that extent!

Utz is a good company. I'm originally from the Hanover/Gettysburg area and know some of the big wigs in the company very well. They're more reliable than the chips that you'd get from Snyders (for obvious reasons). I'm sorry they didn't answer your e-mail, they're usually very prompt about responding but like most large companies sometimes things are overlooked. I have never had a problem eating them because the risk of cross contamination, while there, is much less than other places. They have a line for their pretzels...which is in a separate part of the factory than their chips...they don't run those on the same line. Not saying that they don't run their other flavored chips on the same line but I do know that they don't mix things to that extent!

This is very good info to know, thanks for posting.

36_22_10[1].gif

I had my chocolate fix this past weekend, I went to Gertrude Hawk. We buy the Wegmans pasta sauce a lot, and boy is it good, and the price is great. I am going to stop there again this weekend. We are heading up there because my sister had her baby last night.

Do you ever go to the Gluten Free Source in Dillsburg? I haven't been there in a few weeks, but they sell the Bell and Evans chicken nuggets. Those are real good too.

Mmm.. Gerdie's! I used to work right next to their plant... mmm... I blame them for my weight problems. Also hershey's! Until recently I've been eating Reeces PB cups, now that i'm getting away from dairy, i cut them out :(

I went to the gluten free source about a month ago, about a week into being gluten free. I was still very much in shock over the huge change so I just got the saltine crackers and some flour mix. I think the store really intimidated me, because I never ate any of it before and I didn't have a list or anything.... It was a experince... I cried when I left.

Dx 3/23/07

Gluten free 3/27/07

Intolerant:

Gluten

MSG

Allergies:

Ragweed

Honeydew

Cantalope

Nickel (jewelry)

I am a bad silly-yak!