Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sallyterpsichore

gluten-free Contact Solution

I need some help. My nutritionist told me that anything that goes into your body, whether through the mouth, nose, eyes, ears, etc...has to be gluten-free. However, I haven't been able to find ANY information about contact solution or eye drops. I DID find that Renu doesn't guarantee ANYTHING to be gluten-free.

Anyone know any safe brands?

Thanks in advance,

Sally

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Guest lorlyn

I was thinking the same thing today about my daughter contact solution when I bought it. I would like to know also.

Thanks

I have been using Bausch and Lomb for hard contacts/gas permeable contacts (I still have the OLD hard contacts!) and don't seem to have a problem. Been getting better since taking antibiotics for 2 root canals in February. I can eat and go out in the car now. I have NOT yet called B & L and I guess you could say that I am living on a wing and a prayer. I have their box beside my chair and it's been there awhile but I haven't called yet. Maybe this will give me the boost that I need. I will try to remember to post if/when I call......sorry! :o

I have been using Bausch and Lomb for hard contacts/gas permeable contacts (I still have the OLD hard contacts!) and don't seem to have a problem. Been getting better since taking antibiotics for 2 root canals in February. I can eat and go out in the car now. I have NOT yet called B & L and I guess you could say that I am living on a wing and a prayer. I have their box beside my chair and it's been there awhile but I haven't called yet. Maybe this will give me the boost that I need. I will try to remember to post if/when I call......sorry! :o

I know I checked on their website pretty thoroughly the day that I posted the original post on here and I couldn't find a thing helpful for us gluten-free folks. I think the assumption is if it doesn't go in your mouth, you're fine. But my nutritionist mentioned that if it goes in your body anywhere (mouth, eyes, ears, nose) it has to be gluten-free. I've been using an off-brand solution forever because I had a huge stash of it from Costco, but I've been looking for a safe one. No one can help us out here? My stomach would greatly appreciate it... :P

Thanks,

Sally

I know I checked on their website pretty thoroughly the day that I posted the original post on here and I couldn't find a thing helpful for us gluten-free folks. I think the assumption is if it doesn't go in your mouth, you're fine. But my nutritionist mentioned that if it goes in your body anywhere (mouth, eyes, ears, nose) it has to be gluten-free. I've been using an off-brand solution forever because I had a huge stash of it from Costco, but I've been looking for a safe one. No one can help us out here? My stomach would greatly appreciate it... :P

Thanks,

Sally