Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jen2be2

1st Trip To The Dentist

SO my DD has her first trip to the dentist since we found out that she has celiac disease next week.

I have already contacted the dental staff and informed them of how serious it is for her not to get gluten and to look into any product that will go into her mouth.

From those with experience~ is there anything that you know of that does have gluten in it at the dental office?

Thanks!

Jen

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

My understanding is to watch out for powder latex gloves. :blink:

I would also be concerned about the latex gloves, but if my memory is correct it is not flour related but perhaps cornstarch or cellulose. Many doctors/ dentists have un-dusted gloves and I would request that.

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

There is no gluten on latex gloves. My girls and I have all been the dentist very recently. There was nothing with gluten. Both dentists were knowledgeable and already knew that everything they use was gluten free. I don't think there's anything to be concerned about.

When I first joined a ROCK group out here, one of the leaders' daughter got gluten from the toothpaste polish they used. They had 12 different flavors, and 11 were gluten free. She chose the wrong one and the dentist forgot about the gluten in that one particular flavor.

I have no idea, unfortunately, and I'm not certain how much it would help since I don't know if every dentist uses the same type of polish. Could you call them ahead of time to verify if and which products they use are gluten free?