Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

momof2sn

Positive Blood Work

I joined this message board on the 18th of April in dispair. My daugter, 21 mo, had an endoscopy on the 28th of March with a negative biopsy. She had the genetic make-up for celiac. The doctor pointed out that her B-12, folate and iron were low. She was lactose intolerant and her intestines were inflammed. She has also had diarrhea forever. Well, I got on here and basically said "HELP" Because of all of you I was compelled to call the doctor. The next day, she called, the blood work that was ordered for July (we were on a wait and see for my baby) was never done the first time!!!!!!!!! A big OOPS on there part!! We had the blood work done last Tuesday and by Friday I had learned enough and put here on the diet. Well two days later no more diarrhea!!! No, I didn't think I could get so excited about poop!!! Anyways, doc called me yesterday morning and said her blood work was positive!!! They want to do another endoscopy, I said "No" She was shocked I had already put her on the diet and said most moms want a positive biopsy to go with all the symptoms before they try the diet. I said all of this to say "THANK YOU". If I would have not gotten so much information and encourgement from all of you, I probably would still be dealling with diarrhea and not know any different!!

Ya'll are a great group of people and should pat yourself on the backs for helping my little baby get well, for good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shealey

Son - 8/2001- Asthma 2003, ADHD & PDD-2006, Eosiniphilic Esophigitis & GERD-2007, Endoscopy & Neg. antibody panel 2007. Positive HLA-DQ8

Daughter - 7/2005 - Duarte Galactosemia 2005, Esophigitis & GERD- 2007, Endoscopy 2007, Neg.Biopsy, Positive antibody panel, HLA-DQ8, Official Celiac Diagnosis 5-1-07, gluten free since 4-28-07, Tic Disorder

Husband- Positive Gene testing HLA-DQ8, 9-2007, Negative antibody panel 10-07, must be carrier only

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Glad to hear everything worked out for you. Your daughter will feel much better soon.

~~~~Gluten Free since 9/2004~~~~~~

Friends may come and go but Sillies are Forever!!!!!!!

36_22_10[1].gif

That's wonderful news! You will soon notice some wonderful, positive changes in your child now! She is on the road to health!

Hugs and welcome!

Karen

Karen

positive bloodwork, positive biopsy

Celiac, collagenous colitis, hypothyroidism

endometriosis (at age 20)

spinal stenosis (early 20's)

Biopsy August 2006 confirmed complete villous atrophy despite being gluten-free for years and bloodwork within range showing compliance with diet. Doctor has confirmed diagnosis of Refractory Celiac Sprue.

Endoscopy also showed numerous stomach ulcers, have started taking Losec.

Mother to Eileen 13 yrs

Rhiannon 8 yrs

Daniel & Connor 6 yr twin boys......

"Joyfulness keeps the heart and face young. A good laugh makes us better friends with ourselves and everybody around us."

Orison Swett Marden

Laughter is the shortest distance between two people.

-- Victor Borge

"An optimist laughs to forget. A pessimist forgets to laugh."

Tom Nansbury

"Doctor to patient: I have good news and bad news. The good news is that you are not a hypochondriac."

Unknown

It wonderful to hear about some good news. I am so happy for you and your daughter!

Lisa

Gluten Free - August 15, 2004

"Not all who wander are lost" - JRR Tolkien

I'm so happy to hear that your daughter is getting better! It's amazing how happy we can get over poop! :lol: I hope your daughter continues to thrive on this diet and that you will be amazed by her progress.

Jenny

Son 6 yrs old, Positive blood work, Outstanding dietary response, no biopsy.

Household mostly gluten free since 3/07

Me: HLA-DQ 02 & 0302 (DQ 08), which I ran & analyzed myself!Currently gluten lite, negative tTG, asymptomatic

Congratulations, that's wonderful news! Have you put her on supplements for her deficiencies? It takes too long to fix those without supplements.

You can give yourself a pat on the back for doing the right thing for your daughter, you can't rely on doctors to be much help.

I am a German citizen, married to a Canadian 29 years, four daughters, one son, seven granddaughters and four grandsons, with one more grandchild on the way in July 2009.

Intolerant to all lectins (including gluten), nightshades (potatoes, tomatoes, peppers, eggplant) and salicylates.

Asperger Syndrome, Tourette Syndrome, Addison's disease (adrenal insufficiency), hypothyroidism, fatigue syndrome, asthma

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Congratulations, that's wonderful news! Have you put her on supplements for her deficiencies? It takes too long to fix those without supplements.

You can give yourself a pat on the back for doing the right thing for your daughter, you can't rely on doctors to be much help.

She is only on a multi-vitamin. Should she be on anything else?

Son - 8/2001- Asthma 2003, ADHD & PDD-2006, Eosiniphilic Esophigitis & GERD-2007, Endoscopy & Neg. antibody panel 2007. Positive HLA-DQ8

Daughter - 7/2005 - Duarte Galactosemia 2005, Esophigitis & GERD- 2007, Endoscopy 2007, Neg.Biopsy, Positive antibody panel, HLA-DQ8, Official Celiac Diagnosis 5-1-07, gluten free since 4-28-07, Tic Disorder

Husband- Positive Gene testing HLA-DQ8, 9-2007, Negative antibody panel 10-07, must be carrier only