Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quasar

New York City-suggestions About Restaurants ..

Hello to everyone!!!

I need to get some suggestions about restaurants,fast food,pizzerias or bar to go to eat well..

My friend will come there to New York in few days with her little girl, both celiacs, and she asked me to help her&to put a message here..

Could anyone help us? I hope so..

A thousand thanks in advance!!!..

Faith-Rome/Italy

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Hello to everyone!!!

I need to get some suggestions about restaurants,fast food,pizzerias or bar to go to eat well..

My friend will come there to New York in few days with her little girl, both celiacs, and she asked me to help her&to put a message here..

Could anyone help us? I hope so..

A thousand thanks in advance!!!..

Faith-Rome/Italy

There are alot but I vote for Bistango on 29th street and 3rd avenue. They have great food and are soooo...... nice. They also have great gluten free biscotti for desert

http://www.glutenfreerestaurants.org/adv_s...p;submit=Search

I love Risotteria. If you do a quick search on this message board you will find tons of places to eat. Also, check out the link above! Good luck to you and your friend, Miamia!

Kristina Marie

I love Risotteria. If you do a quick search on this message board you will find tons of places to eat. Also, check out the link above! Good luck to you and your friend, Miamia!

Kristina Marie

This may not be the correct place for this question -- but how do you search places in New York, when the search engine will not let you do a search of a phrase that contains a word with 3 or less letters. For instance, when i search "New York" it says it is unable to perform search because "New" has only 3 letters. Its always been the most frustrating thing about this site, in my opinion.

I love Risotteria too -- its in the SoHo /GV area.

Also, try the Cafe at the American Girl Store. I think I read here that they

really accomodated a little girl with Celiac really nicely, and the meal was delicious.

My mom was dx'd Celiac in her 80's after a life time of stomach troubles. I am fine however.

2nd daughter born in 2000

An agitated kid since birth, non-compliant attitude, dx'd with PDDNOS in 2003, ADHD in 2006

Had ongoing facial rash since 2004 -- tested for Lupus -- negative, discovered a high antibody count.

Never complained of stomach ache

This may not be the correct place for this question -- but how do you search places in New York, when the search engine will not let you do a search of a phrase that contains a word with 3 or less letters. For instance, when i search "New York" it says it is unable to perform search because "New" has only 3 letters. Its always been the most frustrating thing about this site, in my opinion.

I just performed a search for restaurants in "New York" and it came up with the usual list. I think the website works the way it's supposed to.

The URL for the page with New York listings is:

(There is are no spaces in this address. The "?" is immediately followed by "name=".

PM JenVan -- she can tell you some excellent restaurants in NYC. She went there with her mother -- and she had a GREAT gluten-free time!

Lynne

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes it is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, "I'll try tomorrow".

"There's not a word yet, for old friends we've just met. Part Heaven, part space, or have I found my place? You can just visit, but I plan to stay, I'm going to go back there some day." Gonzo, in the Muppet Movie

I go up there every three months to see my doctor. Last time we went to the Risotteria, it was GREAT! Hubby made the comment that their gluten-free breadsticks aren't just good gluten-free breadsticks, they're good breadsticks period!

We had pizza, breadsticks and dessert ... there were three of us, one had tiramisu, one carrot cake, and the other cheesecake ... all gluten-free. BTW, the carrot cake is better than the tiramisu.

I'll have to try someplace new in Sept. when I go again.

gluten-free 12/05

diagnosed with Lyme Disease 12/06