Celiac.com Sponsor (A1):

Join eNewsletter

Celiac.com Sponsor (A1-m):

Join eNewsletter

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

confused

I Was Having A Great Week

Omg I woke up at 5 am in horrible pain. I am running to the bathroom every 5 minutes and im trying to figure out what i did wrong. I think i have narrowed it down to 2 things. Last night i made apple crisp, and used gluten free all purpose flour, but as I read the box a few minutes ago it has bean flour. So I am thinking that might have been the culprit. Or I had been staying away from soy, and last night my hubby made mashed pototoes and put soy milk in them. Or maybe its from kissing my husband this morning, after he ate and took an shower before work.

I have so much to today, and i dont think i can leave my house, ughhhhhh. Anything i can do to feel better in less then 3 hours for kids soccer pictures.

paula

gluten, casein and soy free

on low carb/low sugar diet

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Celiac.com Sponsor (A8):

Omg I woke up at 5 am in horrible pain. I am running to the bathroom every 5 minutes and im trying to figure out what i did wrong. I think i have narrowed it down to 2 things. Last night i made apple crisp, and used gluten free all purpose flour, but as I read the box a few minutes ago it has bean flour. So I am thinking that might have been the culprit. Or I had been staying away from soy, and last night my hubby made mashed pototoes and put soy milk in them. Or maybe its from kissing my husband this morning, after he ate and took an shower before work.

I have so much to today, and i dont think i can leave my house, ughhhhhh. Anything i can do to feel better in less then 3 hours for kids soccer pictures.

paula

Nothing amazing ... I can suggest except take some immoium and get relief one way... and treat yourself to a hot bath with some nice gluten-free bubbles or something... if you lived closer I'd drop some of my chicken soup off which always works for me :D

Take it easy... its just bad timing and bad luck .... take a break from houseowrk if you feel that will help.... and perhaps try peppermint tea or similar if you have some around...

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. (JC, De Bello Gallico Liber III/XVIII)

I tried the hot bath and it helped a little, ty. I wish you could bring me the chicken soup. I would be in heaven with homemade soup.

I keep telling myself, I will feel better in an hour. If it wasnt for the soccer pictures and my sons snack day for soccer, i would tell them it was cancelled. I guess I will have to just stand in front of the bathrooms and hope to see the kids play from there.

Why did i have to get sick on an busy day.

paula

I'd take some immodium too.... at least this way its one less worry... you can do what you have to do... and try and mitigate at least one annoying symptom ....

You'll do it.... and then you can get home and flop .... and start worrying about what exactly caused it... and hopefully hubby can make dinner and not use anything "new" ....

Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt. (JC, De Bello Gallico Liber III/XVIII)

Not all, but many brands of soy milk have thickeners/emulsifiers that have gluten.

Gluten Free since November 2005

"If you want breakfast in bed, sleep in the kitchen.." ---Ed Polish

I get so very nervous when adding something "new" being I am so new to this, I try with the best intentions of only adding "new" when I can afford to be down for a few hours (last time was 4 days, had to talk to the "boss" when I got back to work, but dont think I am fired, no paperwork has arrived just yet anyways, it also helps he actually has a relative with this color me shocked!)

Just my .00000002 cents worth

If I knew what I was doing years ago I would have half a clue today!

Well I made it threw the games and pictures and felt pretty good after. I really think it was just the bean flour, cause i dont have any brain fog, I just had to spend most of the early morning in the bathroom. I guess i will have to throw out that flour.

Maybe i just need to go back to eating basic stuff for awhile or do the soy test threw enterolab and see if that is my problem. Or maybe i will just not eat anything at all lol

paula